rainy season ✎ 휴닝카이 💗

𝙛𝙡𝙪𝙛𝙛 ☀️ [ ✗ ]
𝙖𝙣𝙜𝙨𝙩 ⛅ [     ]

𝙛𝙡𝙪𝙛𝙛 ☀️ [ ✗ ] 𝙖𝙣𝙜𝙨𝙩 ⛅ [     ]

tw: none

••• "i miss you."

"I missed you!" You embrace your best friend, practically engulfing him in the hug and squishing him, although it remains to be that he's the taller one. Huening Kai giggles, wrapping his arms around you and squeezing. You screech and wiggle to escape. "It's only been a week!" Kai tilts his head at you as you fix your hair from your ordeal of being crushed breathlessly within his warm hug.

"So? I can't miss you?" You eyed him. "Even if you have a...stupid face." You sniff indignantly. Kai rolls his eyes, looping his arm with yours as other students bustle around you, meeting up with their friends after a rainy spring break and chattering. You pick at your chipping black nail polish while Kai drags you along towards the cafeteria so you both can sit there comfortably until class starts. He drones on about some new anime he's started over break in the meantime and you can't help but smile at the glimmer in his eye.

There is something strange about unrequited love, or a love that seems unrequited, for the soldier of that love is but a coward to admit it. There also seems to be something particularly strange about the rainy season. Every year when it comes about, your friendship with Huening Kai strengthens, and you feel your emotions swell. Though, of course, you in this case are a cowardly soldier, for you don't ever plan on telling Kai how painfully in love you are with him.

———

You shiver, pulling off your soggy socks and placing them on the vent as Kai returns with a towel and a blanket. "It's so cooolllld." You say through chattering teeth. It's nearly a miracle you don't bite your tongue and begin to bleed all over the place along with the rain water your dripping all over the tiles. Kai sighs at you. "How did this even happen?"

"I didn't know it was gonna rain!"

"It's been on the forecast since last week!" He drapes the blanket over the staircase railing and begins to dry your hair with the towel. "Blerghh." You mumble as your head shakes. You feel Kai squeeze your hair with the towel to rid of the water before continuing to dry it as he had been before. He pauses when he's finished, leaving the towel on your head. Gently he leans his head on your shoulder before making a strange noise. "Ugh, you're soaked." He shoves your shoulder.

"It's not my fault!" You pick at your wet clothes, pulling them away from your skin. "It's literally your fault." Kai holds up the blanket in front of you, closing his eyes. "I'm not looking, take off your clothes."

You sigh. "But it's cold here."

"Why do you complain so much?"

"You complain more." You mumble as you pull off your clothes. Shivering and hugging yourself, you step into the blanket. The moment Kai feels you close to him, he wraps you up in it. He blinks his eyes open, now able to comfortably lay his head on your shoulder. You glance at him through your wet hair. "What?"