Transferring

I stood in the dim lit room waiting for Kovik to tell me what was happening. He ordered me to come to his office with Hellion a few minutes ago and so far he's just been staring at us.

Maybe we did something wrong? No, I'd never leave something half-assed. Maybe Hellion did something.

"So Hellion this past year and a half has been bothering me about public school, since he's 16 now I figured we might as well get this over with"

"Public school? But that's not really an option for people like him Sir, being your son he's a walking target"

He smiled, "I know, that's why you'll live with him and go to the same school" He signed a few papers and slid them to me, "Your schedules".

I looked through the papers in shock. "Why me Kovik? I'm sure there are less active people who could use their spare time to watch him. I mean sometimes I have 2 to 2 jobs a day"

"Don't worry. You won't be as busy. You'll be fine for a while till you get settled in then you can start taking jobs again. But not as many of course Lieutenant"

I flipped through the rest of the papers, everything was already done and settled so it'd be a waste of time to fight him on this. Maybe a break wouldn't be bad for me.

"Any rules we have to go by?"

He paused for a moment, running his hand through his hair then to his chin. "Hmm, well don't try and get to much attention. Don't kill anyone, without reason of course. Try to not send anyone to the hospital. I'm only written as Hellions guardian and have you down as independent and emancipated"

Hellion was picking at his nails, barely listening. "Whats emancipated mean?"

"That I'm legally removed from my parents, though they still have to support me financially. Not that I need financial support"

He hummed in response. "This is why I need public school" He mumbled. I flicked his head, "You're stupid either way".

He shoved my hand away but I used my other to smack him on the back of the head. We kept slapping at each other's hands till Kovik cleared his throat. Quickly putting my hands down after getting a last smack on Hellions shoulder. Kovik grinned.

"When do you think he'll let us leave?" Hellion mumbled to me scooching back towards the door behind us, I stayed in my position only moving to grab his sleeve to stop him from leaving

"Relax, you're both free to go and get settled at the penthouse" He looked at us with a small smile.

Penthouse? That definitely won't grab any regular high-schoolers attention. Or robbers.

As we walked out Hellion grabbed my hand dragging me outside and to the car, "Your driving!" He got to the passengerside before stopping "you got the directions right?" He stared at me, slowly grabbing the cars door handle while waiting for an answer.

"yes, I do" I opened the car door, getting in.

"Cool, cool" He replied "Uh, so what school are we going to?" He added looking at my eyes with a bright smile.

"J high-school" I retorted getting in the driver's seat. "Are you ever going to learn to drive Hell?"

He laughed nervously, doing a fake cough then changed the subject "Is your dog gonna be there?" He asked with a hopeful tone.

"which one?" I look at him quickly before looking back at the road, "The wolf-dog, the black one!" He answered back.

"That doesn't narrow it down anymore" I responded driving out of the mansion's drive way, 'it's going to be a long drive'