Oh. Shit?

"Where is pretty lady from?" The man asked, struggling slightly in Eli's grip. I was glad he didn't ask any questions. I lead them in the alleys so we wouldn't catch anyone's eye.

Eli pulled his arm tighter behind him and the man giggled, in small, quiet way, a pained way. "Easy Eli. Where did you come from, I need something from you before I tell you something"

"I'm from Silverwood Mental Asylum, I don't remember much before that"

"Really? Who'd you meet there?"

"Lots of people   ones like me  kids too  most just came from bad homes but then there were the others" He shuddered "I think only 1 wasn't allowed our of her room  she killed 3 guards and injured 4 more"

"Really? That sounds like more work for me"

"What?"

"Oh nothing, just 4th wall breaks, don't worry 'bout it"

"Oh, did you live at an asylum too?"

"..... no, I'm a little offended to be honest.."

"Well  where are you from?"

".... uh.... I think America..... I'm not entirely sure"

Eli gave me a weird look as he pushed the guy forward. Likely wondering how he got wrapped in this, though it is kinda his own fault, he didn't have to drop Yenna off at a daycare.

We're still reasonable for him.

Fuck off.

○●○

"How far is it now?" Eli looked to me. I looked around, I remember this place faintly, but I can't tell if it was from that night.

"Did you take her to that apartment? Or somewhere else?"

"You'll leave after though  I'll be alone"

"No no no, you won't be alone, you'll be nothing, no worries, no fear, no being tired, that sounds great yeah?"

"Can I still take pictures?"

"Your eyes can be your lens, memories are the best photos aren't they? Itll be better then how that other guy ended up. I wonder how long its been... i wonder if he's still alive"

His bruised and bleeding face smiled. He led us further to that same apartment.
Eli went to look for a way in but I stopped him, having him stay by the man while I went up there.

I jumped up, the same way I did the first time those weeks ago.... week? I have a terrible memory.. I'm probably gonna go crazy in my 20's.

Pulling myself over the rail and landing on the grate flooring. I push open the window, stepping down silently like I did before. Dark red illuminated the room. Everything was barely visible.

"Poppy?" I whispered out, while I searched I passed the giant board of pictures he had taken, lot's of random objects, like a lamppost by the road, kids toy at a park, a bench. But some, some were of me, Bella, even Naroo, other photos of some of the people I had been around at school, one of that blonde girl who's always near Vin Jin.

A few pictures centered around Daniel and his friends. One really caught my attention, it was of Poppy, she was with those kids that I met when I was hired as her day guard. I still was never told why she needed a day guard, no one even came up to us.