Food it is

I woke up to the feeling of something soft touching me. I flutter open my eyes to see I was laying in a pair of arms, it's Jay's arms and he wasn't awake...
wait why am I sleeping on Jay.
Jay was still asleep, I felt a little bad that he had to readjust us, he must've been uncomfortable. He laid along the length of the couch, me in-between his legs, my arms around him while i used his stomach as a pillow.

His arms were holding my waist, he pulled me higher. The position made our bodies touch more. I'm blushing...

Jay opened his eyes and looked straight at me, his gaze lingered on my lips. He smirked and pulled away, leaning back fully again.

He dares to do that to me?
He stretched his arms above his head keeping on his sly grin.

I turned my back to him to get up from the couch, but his hands shot out and grabbed onto my hips pulling me backwards. I fell onto his stomach, his arm still around my waist.
I turned to face him.

"What're you doing? what? you gonna be all clingy now?"

He shook his head with a smile. When his head fell back on the couch cushion I got a good look at a large bandage on his chest to shoulder.

"Was that?" I pointed at the bandage "Is it from the thing at the cabin?"

He nodded hesitantly, a small frown formed. I pulled his shirt a little so I could see it more.
"When? You weren't hurt..." I whispered running my finger lightly down it "Why didn't anyone tell me, I would've come sooner"

He pulled my hand away from the bandage  rubbing my wrist gently, saying it was okay in his voiceless words.

"No, it is not okay, don't sell yourself short just because you dont want me to feel guilty, im already the reason your hand got a scar on it"

A large frown took over his features, he looked at his hand and showed it to me. The scar was just barely there now, his fair skin overlooked the long pinkish white line.

He smiled reassuringly, his best to cheer me a little. He poked my side. A sharp gasp left my mouth and my arm instinctively shielded my side. Jay leaned up and took my arm, moving it so he could lift the side of my shirt, where my stitches were from my knife and burn wound. I'm lucky my arms healed already.

He covered my side again and pulled me up so I was sitting up straight. A asking and concerned look fell to his face.

"When we all got back the house was on fire, when I ran in I wasn't thinking and I think something cut me on my way upstairs to you and Pan, I was to worried to care about myself"

He shook his head. Was he calling my lie out? how would he know?

"..."

"I was bleeding in the snow?" I stopped when he nodded "I don't remember"

"..."

"it could have been a wound from the fire"

"......"

"I'm not saying your stupid! you're top of our class anyway!"

"....!"

"Knife wound?!" shit "no one but you guys were in the house when we got there! and I think I would've noticed if I got stabbed on my way in"

"..."

"Did I stab myself or something? I mean it seems I'd have no idea if I got randomly stabbed or not, but maybe someone who was passed out, under a charred log, inhaling smoke for God knows how long does!"

"!!" He put his face in his hands and stood up, pacing behind the couch where I sat.

"......!"

"what, what'd you mean mask?"