Oh, oh damn. That hurt.

(Beware, 8077 words ahead... I'm dieing)

I jolt up, breathless, kicking off my blanket. Suppressing a shout I fling myself from my bed and look around panting heavily. Soft scratching came from my door. I open my door to let Lucius in. I reach over and turn on my light to rid my room of the deceiving shadows.

I made my way to the corner of my room, I sat down and stared at the door with Lucius laying over my lap. He nuzzles into my hand, forcing me to run my hands through his fur.  It’s comforting and relaxing. I take a shaky breath. My heart pounds against my chest, making me feel slightly dizzy. I lean back to relax, but my breathing doesn't get better. I close my eyes.
There's no need for an alarm clock.
I'm wide awake now.

Are you okay? Should we get up? Move around, food is great! We could get food, we love food.

Mmm, I'm not ready. I can't, just not yet. I... I don't want to. Lucius kept trying to gain my attention from the open door. The contrast of light in my room and the darkness of the hall made an uneasy feeling of stress shiver up my back.

I felt like if I looked away from that door someone would come in, or be there, watching me. It made me want to vomit. When I heard the front door open I gripped Lucius's collar tightly.

"Hmm? Are you up?" Ludo's familiar accent let me relax a bit. I let go of Lucius's collar "L..T?". He peeked past my doorframe, only his head showing, making it look as if he was completely horizontal.

"You look upset." He said softly, coming in further, taking his coat off. I didn't move from the corner. I wanted to curl up and sleep, but my eyes wouldn't leave that door. Ludo moved closer. "Do I need to wake up Belladonna? She knows you better, or the kid, will he make ya feel better?"

"I just... the door"

"..Door? Let's break it, beat it up, I'll get you a new one"

"No, just not.. I want to be alone"

"Oh.. okay, I'll check on everyone and do some things..." As he left he flicked on the hallway light. Easing my stress and fear of the darkness.

I took in a deep breath. "Off Lucius". He lifted his large head, looking at me carefully before getting up and jumping on the bed and flopping down.

I pet him briefly before closing the door. I grabbed my phone from under my pillow. I had about 5 missed text messages from Bella.

🔔 Bells 🔔

Hey, some girl came up
to us while we were
demolishing Goo's car.

She said she knew us.
She said she's looking
forward to the test
tomorrow.

Oh shit, today, it's 1:22.
You sleeping??? I guess
you are.

Oh I'll feed Lucius when
I get home. The little bread
boy too.

Ooo! And Daniel walked by!
Little Daniel. He was a
BITCH and didn't join but
he said hi.

○●○

I laughed awkwardly. I'm really hoping Goo doesn't know who it was and show up here because of course everyone would show up here when they have a problem.  Another knock was at my door. It slowly opened and Naroo peeked his head through.

"You okay?" He whispered, reaching out, beckoning Lucius to come to him. Lucius paid him no attention, turning around, now having his butt facing him. Naroo scoffed and looked at me again, "I heard you wake up but I thought you'd want to be alone"