Want some beans?

I sat, breathless, Naroo by my side as we sat before the field of passed out kids. Naroo felt around his pocket and sighed, "I forgot I got rid of all my cigarettes". I felt a little disappointed in myself that Naroo got a little more then half the kids, and that I couldn't keep up with his need for a fight.

"I have one", that same voice echoed in my head. The very girl Vendetta stood behind us, "I managed Lieutenant" She had that same snarky grin only the fatigue was evident on her features.

Naroo stood, stretching how his hand, his fingers and wrist cracking as he did so. "Looks like we missed one" I stopped him, I held my arm in front of him and sat him back down.

"If we fail her there'll be exactly... 6 maybe 7 if that one kid got away when Poppy dragged him away" The realization hit me and I slapped my hands over my face "Oh my fucking God, 7 out of a few hundred? These little shits SUCK! And I'm letting some of them pass"

There was three minutes left on the timer. Giving the last hidden kids a chance to try and pass the right way and not wait out the timer. "So, you got any hidden friends Venny?"

"Egh, Venny? Whatever. Yeah I do"

I hummed at her and started collecting the wooden knives in my arms so I didnt have to stay after later. "What are their names?"

"Well, theres Cirid, the others were named by the academy trainer, Clip, Camera, and Bee"

"Camera? Clip? What kind of names are those?"

"We came here with no name, Camera always manages to get a video of something, she's good with technology. And clip is trying to get into a reporter job so she can divert the media away from her crimes"

Huh, I guess those reasons aren't as bad I thought they'd be. Naroo nudged me, "Look". They were all emerging from the forest, only something was strange, they were running full speed away from the darkness of the forest.

Poppy was pretty far ahead of the other teens which surprised me. I started walking towards them. I expected them to try and mark me as they ran past but they just kept going.

"You miss counted, look" Naroo moved my head to look back to the forest where the young killer skipped out with a large splintering branch dragging behind her. "That's not good".

"Check them to see if they're okay" Naroo shoved me back to kids that were running. It was irritating that I couldn't finish my unfinished business but I listened. One of the girls was holding her right eye while blood was flowing over her hand, down her face and arm.

The guy that Poppy helped earlier had a sleeve torn and wrapped around his hand. "What the hell happened to you guy's?!" Ven tried to check the girls eye but she cried in pain and Ven put her hands over it too.

Mm, we should buy some jam later, this reminds me

"Who can carry her?". Poppy shot jer hand up and stood in front of her to give her a piggy back ride. The girl did her best to hold on and Poppy took off. "You, are you okay?". He looked down and nodded, "They're only fingers, not even the important ones"

That's optimistic.

How did this even happen? The kids never attack each other! "How... What happened?". He shook his head, "She walked up to us and just slashed that girls eye then tackled me, I don't know where she found pliers..."

Damn. I didn't know she was still apart of the test. I remember fighting her, did I just let her go? No, I wouldn't do that.. is that how my hand got cut? That was careless.

"...." I pull out my phone to check the time, "There's only 15 seconds left, while I can mark all of you I'll let you pass, go, we'll take care of her"