Sparing with Hell

"Mmmm, food" I open my eyes slightly and look at the small clock, that blinked '5:00', "Hellions getting slow, training time".

I get up and stretch out my arms and shoulders a bit, I change quickly and stumble over to Hellions door and bang on it "get up fuck face".

I hear a loud groan and a stumbling walk making its way to the door, "mmm?" He's opens the door with a small irked face.

"Training, you've been getting lazy or slow, whatever word you think is best"

I start walking off, holding his door open. "...Mmph, right now?" He turned, facing away from me. "Don't we have normal people school today?"

"Of course we do, this is nothing compared to what we usually do... or did do is better wording now."

Hellion peered at me, barely turning his head. Since when did Kovik raise such a lazy brat? I should really think about spray bottles for this kid, Kovik said it worked when he was a child.

He dropped his head back into his pillow, groaning. I tossed a shirt that was on the floor to him and waited. He grabbed it and yanked it over his head. "Fine, this hand to hand, endurance, maybe boxing. You like boxing y/n"

"No, you like boxing. My fingers are most valuable then the average persons. You know know how dangerous it'd be to get broken hands?"

"Uh huh, I get it. You're the best." He waved his hands by his head. "Special hands."

He yawned, following me outside his room. "Couldn't we just watch Tv? Isn't this what normal life is supposed to be?" He gestured to the couch. "There's lot of American shows I have yet to watch, there are some fun newtube shows I want to watch."

I scoffed, "You still have responsibilities, a purpose to do with you know who's business that currently work for."

"... that you currently work for."

"Don't be a dick, I know you're upset with daddy right now." I clasped my hands together, "but quit acting like a child and be serious, that place is the only place we know and the only place we can ever be."

I grab a chocolate bar and hand it to him. Food helps with grumpy emotions, from what Maeve told me, after she near knocked out one of my teeth. Not my fault she was to picky for the food at the meeting.

Slipping my shoes on I wait for him to do whatever else he needed. Rather patiently... very patiently. Hellion leaned to look in the reflection of a picture. A random stock photo in the frame.

"Think my dad would be upset if I got a piercing."

"Pfff, yeah. Don't ruin your looks, you get then from your mother. K would hate if you tried looking like him when he was younger."

He deadpanned at me. "My dad's 35, he is young." He prodded at his eyes, "we'd be lucky to look half as good as my dad at 35, I don't know how the stress hasn't given him grey hairs."

I shrugged, "maybe he dyes his hair, now hurry your ass up!" He rolled his eyes. Hooking his finger in his shoes to pull them on.

He nodded at me, saying he was ready in his silent way. We walked to the elevator, stepping in a riding down to the second floor. The gym floor. He bumped his shoulder into mine walking  off the elevator.

Now he's energetic? Maybe chocolate bars really do help. I should keep those on hand, maybe in my car. Hellion grabbed a pair of boxing gloves, dangling them in front of me. "You should get some headgear, I'm gonna win this time. Bring my score up to 9 out of 97."

"In sparring it doesn't matter if you 'win'. As long as you learn something."

"Uh huh, I'd feel better about learning if it involved winning, me specifically." He pointed at himself. "But remember don't bust up my facento much, it still is my favorite of my features."

I grabbed the wooden makeshift sword and held it out. He scoffed. "Sword fighting..." He said shaking his head, "isn't that a child's game."

"Oh no, it's be a game if they were sticks." I whacked the back of his calf with it and he yelped, jumped away. "This is more joyful then hitting you with a stick." I shrugged.

He held his leg tightly. Mumbling curses. I weighed the wooden sword in my hands. Similar to metal, but harder impact. Not for slicing but for bruising.

Not that I'm great at sword fighting, Average at best. There's plenty better then me. I could count them on one hand but I think that's a lot.

Hellion stood, ready to try and hit me I'm guessing. Even though I'm not great with a sword I'm pretty masterful of being defensive. And I'm sure Hellion would agree.

He took it from my hands and swung immediately. I stepped out of the way and pinched his underarm. "You're not left handed, why are you using that hand?"

His dominant hand stabilized his grip and he swung again. Though he missed completely. "Are you blind?" I gestured to the gap between the sword and me. He groaned and from where the sword end rested on the floor struck up to hit me.

I grabbed the edge and tore it from his grasp. Jabbing his arm with the point. "You suck."

He grabbed the extra and slammed it down on mine, splintering the carved wood.

I grab his sword again, dropping mine to bring my knee up and break through the middle of the wooden blade. Snapping it in half.

Hellion grabbed the other broken piece, pouting. "Oh stop, only babies pout like that when they don't get their way."

"Maybe if you didn't hit me so hard I'd be less pouty about it."

"I barely touched you, you won't have welts like I did at the academy..." I peered down to his leg, remembering how badly the teacher would hit us. "Maybe minor bruising." I'd never hit him that hard though.

"Wow, real gentle soul aren't you?"

"Pfff." Gentler then the generation before us. Not that his prissy ass would know. I wonder if Kovik knows anything about pre generations. I've only met the two. Kovik and.... him.

Hellion dropped the broken pieces into the trash. Stretching the leg I'd hit before. His arms crossed while he waited for me. I dropped the wooden sword back where itnwas before and caught up to him.

He looked at me a few times. Fidgeting next to me. "I'll wait out front for you to get your bag-"

"Do you think this will last?" He interrupted. I raised my brow, encouraging him to elaborate. "Like, normal life and a normal school, it still seems to good to be true."

He's right. This does seem... oddly mundane for what I'm used to. Maybe –hopefully– something will liven it up, just a bit. "Is it, you haven't even lived normally for very long."

He smiled. "I hope this lasts. I can't imagine living like a normal kid for the first time without you."

"I'll break your jaw for sounding like a bad romcom, now go get your bag."

He nodded, "I'll take the stairs up." I hummed, standing in the elevator.

After I reach the lobby floor I wait outside by the motorcycles for him to come down, which after a few minutes he does.

He gasped, bag slung over his shoulder and one hand over his mouth. "Motorcycles?!"

I grinned and nodded to him. "Motorcycles."