Ain't No Way

The blaring of my clock continued while I laid there staring at the ceiling. I could get up, or move my arm to turn it off but I just didn't.

I have so much to do today....I should call Trejean and do a check up on Pan, he's been growing faster than he should, maybe its the boost in his nutrition.

I rolled over and crushed my alarm clock, a piece of it cutting my hand. I carefully pull it out and throw it in my trash, my nerves have been kinda dulled, sadly, I love feeling soft things but it's kinda hard if you can barely feel it.

The large soft hoodie I pulled on coated over my figure nicely.

I think I'm escorting that one CEOs daughter, Poppy, I wonder why she joined KDBA, it's not like she can tell her father.

I grabbed my holster and attached it to my belt, I grab my handgun and place it in the holster, safety on of course.

The living room was pretty messy, some popcorn spilled on the floor and teenagers were splayed allover the place and a young kid sleeping across Daniel's back and Lucius laid on a sleeping Jays lap.

I completely forgot about them. I stepped slowly on the parts of wood flooring I knew that didn't creak.

Man if I wanted they'd all be dead, except, where's Hellion? I look over by the door, his shoes were gone, I guess he left.

I crept over to Daniel and Pan and shook Pan trying not to wake Daniel.

"Hey Pan, you up?"

He stretched, rubbed the sleep from his eyes and yawned out a quiet "yeah"

"Well, we have somewhere to go, do want to get ready now or help me clean up then get ready?"

"I'll....go get ready" He half whispered half mumbled.

He slid off Daniel and walked to Hellions room where I had all his stuff and where he has been sleeping.

It's still early, not even a bright sky blue outside yet. I grabbed the broom and swept up the fallen popcorn and threw it away and put the bowl in the sink.

I gazed over everyone sleeping, Jay luckily not knowing Lucius chose him as a bed, Vasco in his own little blanket burrito, Daniel facedown in the blankets with one Pan threw over him, Mira leaning on Zacks shoulder and Zacks head leaned back with his arms crossed.

"I'm ready mom" Pan whispered, taking small steps to the front door

I need to know if Pan's good to go for training or if he needs more time, it'd be a waste to wait if he could start now.

I still need to find out his exact age, he looks around 7 or 8 now that he's been eating better.

Also I don't know if he has any allergies or if he has some type of disability or if he's sick.

"You wanna sit upfront Pan?"

"Yeah!"

I start the car while Pan buckles himself in. He still seemed tired. I opened the middle console and grabbed one of the granola bars I keep in it and tossed it to him and grabbed one for myself.

"I know this isn't the ideal breakfast but it's better than nothing"

I notice his body stiffen out of the corner of my eye, I start the car and look down at him, he had already stuffed the whole bar in his mouth.

"If reuy gou" He chewed slowly while looking out the window and swallowed "I...me-nt it's really good"

My mouth unconsciously curved into a smile, if this is how Kovik felt when he found me he must have thought it was funny, this is the same food he first gave me, only I didn't talk to him for the first few days.