I WANT FOOD

"School?" Pan asked, getting off me

"Yes, go get ready, can you do that?"

"Mmhmm!"

He stands and runs off, stumbling and bumping into the doorframe on his way out.

I roll over and sit up, stretching my back.

The rooms sways under me slightly as I stand, "too fast".

Hmm, I don't feel like changing. I walked out and into the living room.

"What're you doing up here Bella?"

"Bleh, don't call me Bella, that was my mother's name, beauty, as if, pretty sure she was a druggy and alcoholic"

"Mhm, go get ready"

She pushes herself up, gazing at me as if I were dumb.

"I don't have any clothes here"

"Go use some of mine and be outside in 10 minutes" I gesture towards my room "Pan come on!"

"K, m' done!"

He walked out looking decent and very proud of him self, smiling widely.

"Where we goin'?" He asked as he took long steps and hopping over any line in the flooring

"School, you all ready?"

"Yep! Did I good?"

"Maybe some language classes for you" I mutter under my breath "yes, you did good, now go wait by the elevator"

He ran off quickly, laughing as he trailed his hand on the wall. Belladonna walked out wearing a t-shirt and some jeans, holding a baseball hat and wearing the long bandage she always wears on her right arm, coveringit completely.

She breezed past me and made her way to the elevator, placing the hat in her head.

I walk with her, our strides matching as we reach the elevator doors.

She kept tugging at the bottom of her shirt with her unbandaged arm, slightly wincing her face in discomfort.

"What?" I ask her, gesturing to her moving in discomfort

"This is uncomfortable, scratchy" she explained while still pulling the pants away from her legs

"I'll get you clothes after school"

"....thanks" the quiet sound barely made its way out of her mouth before she hopped in the elevator that finally came up.

I walk in after her and stand behind Pan, who walked in first, and hold his shoulder. The elevator always gives me that swaying feeling.

My vision faded a bit as I looked ahead, not bothering to move or notice when Pan grabbed my sleeve and tugged on it, I stared at the steel doors into my reflection that bounced off it.

Monster, how am I supposed to take care of this kid? Or Belladonna? She's still young. I need to meet with Kuro, then Kovik, I gotta keep up on school work, I think today is a test, I'll have to help Bella....how? How can I do this? I have business too, I need to do..something for the KBD..

..ho-"mom?" Pan tugs roughly on my sleeve, or, at least as rough as he can. "Mom, the door opened"

"Oh, sorry"

He tugs me along with him, out of the metal box and to the front doors to the building.

He uses both his small hands to open the back door to my car and hops in.

"What were you spacing out about? Your pupils got all small, what're you scared of, huh?"

"Nothing, get in" I slide into the driver's seat and Bella drops down into hers.