Work with me here pt2

It's been bothering me. Bella had busted in and demanded we all go to out regular floor because in her words, 'The fuckers from school came over'. Pan had completely forgotten about telling is about Anne.

Everyone was screaming and yelling. "I think they were raised in the countryside forests by the animals", Zoe seemed very sure of herself while she filed her nails.

"Shhhh! They're here!" Mira hissed, pushing Zoes shoulder without any force behind it.

They were all looking at the four of us, sneaking knowing glances at each other. "Naroo go make some food, I'm hungry". He grunted then started searching the cabinets and complaining the whole time.

Zack leaned against nothing while trying to act nonchalant. "So, Y/n. Who are your parents? I mean you come from a pretty wealthy family"

"Uh, I'm adopted", I turned away eating a piece of chopped up carrot, when I locked eyes with Bella we both had wide eyes, smiling a little. "Well can we meet him?"

I spit out the carrot. "Uh, tastes bad. Bad carrot" I wiped my mouth, "Why would you want to meet my dad?"

Daniel stood, giving me the same face Bella was. For once I couldn't tell I he was happy or not about me getting caught.

"Well out of everyone we know you the least" Mira jumped up to help Naroo and of course Zack chased after her.

"Do people normally care so much? I don't even expect phone calls from people I know"

Zoe held my arm, "Well we'd like to meet him". Zack scoffed, "You said you wanted to see him because he obviously has money".

Zoe stuck her tongue out at him and shouted at him to shut up. "Zoe it's fine, I'm sure he'd be flattered to know that you all think he's some billionaire"

".... is he"

Me, Bella, Naroo, and Xan who I didn't notice was here answered the same. "Yeah".

~

"Oh? Your arms" Kovik was staring woth big eyes before laughing a little bit.

I bowed to Kovik, my face scrunched in annoyance and a hint of guilt. "I'm sorry but they wouldn't leave it be, it went back n forth for like, 2 hours about if they could meet you. Please don't bring my arms up either"

"It's fine, I like getting a break every now and then, will Hellion be here?" He asked while examining a picture I had by the couch. "So the kids are here too? Naroo, Donna and the other kid"

"Natasha stays here as well, she works during the day, her usuals are typically gamblers so she scopes them out during the day then hits them on the night"

"And who's that?" He nodded to Pan. Pan was staring at him from behind me. "Pan this is Kovik".

"Who?"

"You know... K, I call him K"

"Oh, he doesn't look old, why did Yami call him old man?"

I flicked Pan and smiled at Kovik, trying to brush off the comment.

"What're you talking about, he's about to wither away" Xan leaned his arm over Koviks taller frame. It looked a little funny to see Xan hanging off him, I don't think Xan was much taller then Jay. Maybe just scraping 6 feet. I guess Kovik isn't much taller, he's actually a tad shorted then Naroo.

Kovik's face didn't change from the grin he'd been giving me and Pan. It was a little creepy. "Which one are you?" He smiled at Xan with bittersweetness.

"No one" I pushed Xan away. "No if you want Hellion here I can call him but I don't know if his manager will let him"

Kovik dropped the smile and turned his head, "Manager? What are you talking about?".