is it hot in here?

The surge of discomfort shot from my arm to my neck, making my neck and back stiffen.

My teeth clenched while a long string of pain filled my body till my arms felt numb

A hiss of pain fell out of my mouth, I look out the small window, Kuro stares blankly, only his eyes showing any worry he may have had.

The pain started fading but barely faster enough for it to make my arm and back feel any better.

Kuro opened the doors, disconnected the wires and picked me up and laid me on one of the many desks in his lab.

"Y/n? Are you okay? Do you feel different?" He urged me for questions, trying to lift my up a bit so I could sit up

"What? I feel like...I got my yearly flu shot, it's uncomfortable, itchy" I try and explain, but it looks like he doesn't understand

"Maybe you're not okay, I'll take you home"

What? I feel fine, Why's he acting like I'm talking nonsense?

He helps me to my feet, picking up my bag on the way to the elevator. He held my arm over his shoulder as we walked, leaning down so I could actually put my arm around him.

We reach the main floor and he helps me out towards some type of garage.

I get the feeling off being watched so I look over at the street.

I yank my arm off of Kuros shoulder and start waving.

"Hey Jay" I shout "hey, that's Jay, Kuro"

"Y/n" Kuro warns "there are side effects, you need to go and rest, not socialize"

"Mhm" I ignore his warning and walk over to Jay "Hey, about earlier, I'm sorry if I scared you and the others" I apologize quietly so Kuro wouldn't hear

"I still don't really remember what happened though"

"..."

"It's not okay, I should know better" I hold my head high, hiding the fact that I'm saying sorry from Kuro "who was the guy I...you know"

"..."

"Vin Jin? Hmm, is he..okay?"

Jay nods and places his hand on my shoulder.

His hand was smacked away by Kuro who stared at me and him, confused on why I didn't smack his hand away.

"Y/n" He whispers, pulling me to the side "the serum is an amplifier, it revolves around strength but it could amplify your emotions as well, you might say or do something you don't want to"

I push his face away, still smiling but a little less then when Jay first walked up.

"Well I have to get going Jay" I give him a small nod "see you tomorrow?"

He nods, but before he walks away he gives a nod to Kuro.

Kuro blankly stares at the direction Jay walked off to before a small grin replaced his straight lined mouth.

"So that's mystery boy huh?" He starts walking back to the garage "I was wondering why you let him touch you so casually, you're trying to make him your friend so you should get into his house"

"Of course, when have I ever let someone who's not beneficial get near me" I lied, but did it well, I mean, it is a large part of my job

There was always a comfortable feeling about Jay, one that made you feel safe, though if I wanted I could probably kill him.

Kuro throws my bag in the backseat of his car and waits for me to get in after getting in himself.

I sit down and fish my bag out from the backseat and place it on my lap.

"Don't throw this around, I need to meet K"

Kuros grip tightened around the steering wheel and his eyes widened, he tried to keep his eyes on the road but stole a few glances at me and my bag.

"That's quite the drive, and you should have came to get the serum a different day" He growled

"Mhm, but you have to do what your superior says"

He growled again, nose scrunching just like Pans does when I said he had to take a bath.

I smile while I think about how Pan and Kao where doing. On how Kao would deal with Pans stubbornness when he doesn't want to eat or when he wants to play.

"Why are you smiling like that?" Kuro asked, smirking himself "Don't tell me you like someone"

"Shush, I'm thinking about the kid" I claimed "I wonder how much trouble he's causing Kao"

"Kao?" He asked "I haven't seen him in maybe a year or two" he recalled "I remember my last mission with him before Kovik let me work as one of the as he called 'Technology guys'" he smiled but it was more of an annoyed smile than a happy one.

"Kao's most recent partner is a ex-mercenary named Ludo Wood" I told him, he eyed me questioningly

"He had his last name changed after he found out his brother was with us so he could join without us looking into his past, didn't work as you could see" I elaborated

"Who's his brother?"

"...erm...." I ignore his question "he's pretty young, 19, Dutch too" I ramble on "He has a birthmark around his right eye, he's pretty easy to spot"

"Mm, who's his brother?"

"Kao says he misses working woth you though, he saw you as a brother" I added trying to get him to stop asking about the brother

"Who. Is. the. brother?" I demanded

"He requested for me to not tell" my eyes narrow at him "and don't speak like that ever again, especially towards me Kuro"

He looked over at me. Both of us glaring at each other, something most others that knew me would never try.

A bead of sweat trailed down his forehead as he looked away back at the road.

"Good, now drive faster, fucking grandma"