9. Vampiers

"There's a secret passageway into the palace in the forest behind," Jungkook has stopped the motorbike between the thick wilderness as driving around the building they couldn't shake off the feeling it wasn't empty anymore

"Great, let's go there," Jimin climbed off the motorbike.

"I rather not take it with you," Jungkook's eyes filled with worry.

"Why?"

"Moon foxes are living down there."

"Kidding?" A cold shiver ran down Jimin's spine because those vampire creatures had been one of the most dangerous.

"Maybe we will try the main entrance," Jungkook got up placing his helmet on the seat.

"No, something's there. I guess we can deal with moon foxes," Jimin was trying to sound convincing.

"Ok, let's see if this way is possible," Jungkook sighed diving into the forest, both reaching deeper into that quiet darkness until spotting an opening to a bunker. The entrance had been covered by a huge stone and Jungkook hesitated before pushing on it using his super strength to toss it aside. Jimin lit up one of the torches they had taken, sweat dripping down his spine but he approached the opening of a staircase leading down into total darkness.

"I'll go in first," Jungkook lit up his torch, his eyes glowing up red, so Jimin also shifted to be able to use his whole strength in case of a fight.

The smell coming from down there awful, like rotten meat and hundred years old dust. It almost made him throw up and his stomach twisted dangerously so he moved a few steps back on the fresh air outside taking in deep breaths.

"Jimin? Are you ok?" Jungkook was by his side in seconds.

"Ok, only that smell there makes me sick," Jimin leaned against the bunker wall concentrating on breathing.

"We don't need to do this here," Jungkook's eyes were serious.

"Just give me a minute," Jimin was trying to fight against that force inside him that was making him weaker day after day.

"Here, take this," Jungkook took his biker bandanna off handing to him so Jimin thanked wrapping in over his face to cover his nose, now it was just blue moonlight and neck kisses scent surrounding him calming that awful feeling down.

"Ready?" Jungkook was still studying his face with worry.

"Ready," Jimin nodded turning to grab his alpha's arm as his head was still a little bit dizzy, both diving into the dark opening taking careful steps down. The passageway they entered filled with animal bones that were crumbling underneath their shoes. Some rustling of many tiny paws breaking out around and Jimin moved the torchlight around the walls to spot they were filled with holes. Pink eyes lit up in many places, the sharp light ray exposing the shapes of a few foxes, with long tails and visible fangs hanging out of their snouts.

Jungkook was walking cautiously, his alpha presence for sure holding the blood suckers back from attacking them yet.

More tiny pows rushed along the walls, the pink glitter of hundreds of eyes making Jimin's head even dizzier, but he was holding on inhaling his mates scent from the fabric moving forward step after step.

There was a hiss, a fox jumped in front of them uncovering the sharp teeth and Jungkook lifted his clawed hand to hit it but Jimin grabbed his arm stopping him.

"No, wait, she wants to protect her babies," he muttered seeing two tiny foxes cuddling to the stone wall.

"Jimin," Jungkook gasped, but Jimin let go off him walking forward to crouch down and observe the cute baby foxes, the mum still hissing at him, but not moving forward.

"It's ok, no one will harm you or your cuties," whispered Jimin stretching his hand out to caress the soft fur of the baby foxes.

Jungkook frozen behind him, the fox mum still watching him with burning pink eyes, but she suddenly stepped back, her and the kids escaping into the nearest hole.

"I think we can go," Jimin got up moving the torch light over the way in front, Jungkook keeping behind him so both walked swiftly pushing a door open and for a second it became dark in front of Jimin's eyes when he entered the palace he has once been imprisoned in.

"I hoped I will never see that place again," he muttered.

"I'm sorry," Jungkook looked away all embarrassed.

"Hey, it's past we had talked out," Jimin let the bandanna slip to breath in fully again.

"So, you know this place better, where can the library be?" Asked Jungkook.

Jimin sighed trying to recall his most awful memories and remember the map of the palace. That room he has never been in, but had seen Taehyung disappearing into many times while walking towards the garden.

"I think I know," he squeezed the torch tightly taking that staircase for servants down. The palace once fine was a ghost house now, a layer of dust covering floors and furniture, long spider nets hanging from chandeliers and paintings, between door frames. It was completely quiet as if this place had been frozen in static, the dark room they were entering completely empty.

"I don't feel any scent here," Jungkook was keeping his side reaching out to take his hand.

"I hope Taehyung haven't left any surprise for us here," Jimin sighed reaching the ground floor to stop in front of that door definitely leading to a level down. "I think it might be here," he whispered.

"I'm going in first," Jungkook crossed the corridor checking the door that was locked so he pushed against it breaking the lock with a loud bang. It sprang open exposing an entrance to a balcony.

"Torch off," whispered Jimin pressing the light source down, both walking towards the carved wooden barrier that was a viewpoint over a magnificent huge library leading three levels down. There were long ladders connecting each store with the others.

"That's... some thousands of books," gasped Jungkook. "We might spend a few years trying to find something here."

Thank you so much for your love

Thank you so much for your love. I hope you're enjoying the story. What do you think about the beginning of Jikook's adventure? How will it continue?

Much <3