29. Middle of nowhere

The clock was showing three am but there was no sign of Jungkook, Yoongi also not picking up calls, so Jimin was walking up and down the living room trying to stand the worry

The clock was showing three am but there was no sign of Jungkook, Yoongi also not picking up calls, so Jimin was walking up and down the living room trying to stand the worry. Why had they argued again, couldn't he be nicer, he had missed his mate so much, yet was so broken and afraid, especially to tell him, that's why instead of collecting his courage he was pushing Jungkook away.

"Still no news?" Hoseok came into the living room wearing his pajamas.

"No, he should be back home. I can't reach Yoongi either," Jimin sighed.

Staying here waiting won't help much, so he should use Yoongi's old tablet to track his mate.

"Will you need me?" Hoseok seemed exhausted, Jimin knew how much he was missing Jin, how he was suffering through each day.

"I guess I'm fine to deal on my own," Jimin faked a smile then stormed Yoongi's old office to rumble the drawers and find that tablet, he switched it on waiting till the maps uploaded. To guard the super alpha Yoongi had all Jungkook's transports connected into that device and Jimin clicked the motorbike heavy hearted. The signal was coming from a highway up the mountains, but it wasn't moving an inch, Jimin's goosebumps raising while he was crouching there watching that frozen red dot.

There was no reason for Jungkook to simply stay in the middle of the road, his skin crumbling.

Please don't let it be it, he thought biting his lip to get up and walk upstairs to collect everything what might be necessary into the backpack.

The garage he entered minutes later so quiet, the foxes sleeping on their blanket and he knelt down to caress through their soft fur.

"Stay warm," he whispered getting up to reach his car.

The dot haven't moved an inch on the map, but Jimin was strangely calm, maybe he couldn't absorb anymore pain, maybe from a low point like that the only way was leading up.

"Your destination is in 300 meters," the voice of the car navigation disturbed the silence so Jimin slowed down, pressing the breaks to smoothly pass the last curve. The car lights exposing the motorbike lying at the side of the road. Jimin's heart double jumped. The tires squealed from how quickly he had brought the car to an abrupt stop.

Breath, just breath, he was begging himself reaching for the sword, just in case, before getting out. Thick and completely quiet, the forest around him, so there was just his heart pounding while he was nearing the fallen motorbike looking for any traces of his husband.

The smell of lilies and poison hit his nostrils, mixed with the fading notes of blue moonlight and neck kisses. Jimin sighed leaning in to see a white handkerchief bound to the motorbike's handle, his fists closing in anger and fear.

Some tears becoming wet against his cheeks.

They had just argued, their last meeting holding so much regret and he hasn't managed to tell Jungkook about the baby.

What now? Luna was frightened when Jimin unwrapped the handkerchief pressing into his pocket, getting up to walk back towards the car and throw the sword on the backseat. He was feeling like throwing up again, his heart bleeding.

We need to find Jungkook, whispered Luna.

Let's visit Yoongi first, he knows where Taehyung is hiding, Jimin squeezed the steering wheel to not to break out into sobs.

My mate is gone, taken by that stupid bitch.

Jimin, it's not safe here, we need to drive, begged Luna. Especially now you need to protect the pup.

I'm always protecting it, Jimin swallowed a few tears caressing down his belly. It was just the second month so almost invisible, yet, the connection he was feeling to his baby was growing stronger with each passing day.

He should have told Jungkook, now... maybe he will never have a chance.

He's alive, like Tanja and Jin, you know that, muttered Luna.

Jimin nodded, what could he say, that royalty once again had taken away everything from him.
I should have been brave, should have told Jungkook, he was repeating like a curse while starting the car, driving off. He needed to ask Yoongi to send out some track to collect the motorbike, it was important, Jungkook's favorite.

The way down the curvy dark mountain road extremely hard especially as his vision was blurring out in tears.

Luna was completely quiet what he was thankful for, the scent of lilies and poison coming from the handkerchief moving him forward as it was way better to focus on the hate towards Taehyung than that hollow of worry and regret, of missing his mate with all his being.
It has been over an hour later when he had stopped the car in front of Yoongi's villa. There wasn't any light inside, but Yoongi's van was standing on the driveway, so he for sure was home.
Jimin's steps rushed when he approached the front door, to find them a bit open as if someone had slammed them with too much impact.

Something's wrong, he whispered returning to the car for his backpack and the sword. Had Yoongi also been kidnapped? All hair raising on Jimin's body at that scary perspective so he entered the house cautiously making his steps over the huge hall. The air filled with the scent of lilies and poison, so significant it almost took his breath away.

So Taehyung had been here, maybe still was, Jimin took the sword out climbing the stairs, shifting to do it as noiselessly as possible. His enemy's scent becoming stronger the closer he was approaching Yoongi's bedroom, Jimin's heart beating in his head when he stopped behind the door considering what might await him there.

Let's face him, he muttered grabbing the knob to push the bedroom open and jump inside to stop in shock and horror.

Thank you so much for your wait and the support, I know those chapters haven't been easy, but thank you for staying with my characters through the hardships

Thank you so much for your wait and the support, I know those chapters haven't been easy, but thank you for staying with my characters through the hardships. So what do you think about Jimin's reaction to Jungkook's kidnapping? Will he be able to save Yoongi?

Much <3