24. Prey

There was no answer, so Jungkook pushed the door glancing inside, but the bed was empty

"Is Jimin here?" Asked Yoongi stopping behind him.

"No, I guess I know where he is," Jungkook sighed taking the way down towards the garage to unseal the metal doors. The huge room chilly, but there behind his car was that fluffy blanket spread out on the floor, Jimin curled up on it, the two baby foxes cuddling to him, all three asleep.

There were tiny fang marks on Jimin's palm so those little bastards have been feeding on his blood again, Jungkook becoming furious, still the three looked so peaceful and he couldn't shake off the feeling that no matter what the vampire foxes would never hurt his mate.

"Jimin," Jungkook raised his hand on his husband's hip squeezing it gently.

His angel opened one eye watching him sleepily.

"Hi," whispered Jungkook caressing up Jimin's side.

"Jungkookie? Are you a dream?" Jimin moved up, one of the foxes waking up to perk his ears.

"I only went out for a moment, I'm not completely healed, unfortunately," Jungkook lowered his head when Jimin's trembling palms caressed over his face.

"The antidote..."

"It's stopping it temporarily, those have been fainter some time ago," Jungkook moved his sleeve up watching the purple veins with hate.

"I will inject more," Jimin sat up, it seemed he was dizzy.

"It's ok so far, let's check how long it will last," Jungkook caressed over the foxes' fur. "I hate your pets, but they're cute."

"I couldn't sleep, their warmth was giving me some comfort," Jimin leaned down to kiss the foxes' heads.

"It's ok, maybe we can train them to become less dangerous," Jungkook was watching his mate completely falling again.

"How?"

"I don't know now, but they were sleeping with you and haven't killed you, so there's hope."
Jimin nodded getting up, Jungkook supporting him under the arm as he looked exhausted.
Was Jimin really struggling with some deadly disease, Jungkook's heartbeat uneven as he couldn't lose his mate.

They left the garage sealing the door then took the stairs down to the basement.

"I will ask you to lock me in now," muttered Jungkook.

"No, you're still sane," Jimin's chin trembled. "I will stay with you a bit longer."

"No, I can not agree on that. I don't want to hurt you."

"You won't hurt me. You're like my moon foxes," Jimin chuckled taking Jungkook's hand to lead him to the basement. The wooden plank he was mostly napping on so uncomfortable but Jungkook laid down when Jimin scooped to him placing his head on his chest, both lying still, the silence so heavy. The inner fever becoming stronger and Jungkook knew that soon he needed to kick Jimin out of here, but he didn't want to miss out on any second. Was it the last time of holding his mate?

Jimin's soft fingers lifting his sleeve to trace up his arm, a sniff sounding.

"Jimin..."

"Why is the antidote not working. I don't have any more ideas."

"Shush, you will be ok. I love you," whispered Jungkook, he wished to kiss Jimin so badly, but he knew he couldn't now.

"What if I'm not good enough to save you?" Jimin's question heavy.

"You will deal with me or without me, you're the strongest omega," Jungkook felt a tear.

"No, you can't not leave me, especially now," Jimin lifted his head, his eyes a hollow of sadness.

"Jimin..." Jungkook was thinking about the best words to ask that question.

"What?" His husband was observing him caressing over his chest, but Jungkook's blood boiled, his claws stretched out.

"Jimin run!" He yelled fighting that monster overtaking him that was so thirsty to taste that delicious flesh of the omega.

Jimin's eyes lit up, he jumped running to the door when Jungkook was fighting to stay on the other side of the room.

Their eyes met, Jungkook's consciousness fading.

"Do you know anyone who can brew the anti..." his eyes lit up.

There was the scent of a living being so lurking in he licked over his teeth wishing for nothing more than to dive his fangs into that tasty looking skin and consume it all, so he sprinted that way, but the pray left, huge metal doors were sealing. He was so hungry for days, running almost reaching that soft skin of the victim, but he was confronted with a wall of the metal he crushed against howling madly banging at it to get through and finally still the hunger.

The doors sealed when Jimin sank to the ground panting madly, it has been too beautiful to have Jungkook back for a few moments, but it had ended in the same nightmare.
Why isn't my antidote working, why am I so stupid, he closed his fist trying to hold back the tears. Will he really lose Jungkook? All because of stupid Taehyung and Yoongi.

Do you know anyone who can brew the antidote, Jungkook's last sane words ringing in his head.

I know one person, but she's dead, he thought bitterly swallowing the tears. The past knocking to the surface of his consciousness, but he didn't want to let it out yet, as it meant dying from pain.

My parents' house, he thought so suddenly the tears stopped. It has been ten years since the last time he has been there, so it was definitely a devastated ruin by now, but if by any chance his mum's laboratory survived.

If I won't find a clue there, I have no more hope left, the thought getting up taking a few breaths in, double checking if Jungkook is firmly locked in. Jimin's head dizzy, his body threatening to collapse, but he decided to dress up then make all the way to the place he had grown up in.

 Jimin's head dizzy, his body threatening to collapse, but he decided to dress up then make all the way to the place he had grown up in

Thank you so much for your feedback. What do you think about Jikook's moment and them going back to the same nightmare? Will Jimin find anything in his parents' house?

Much <3