10. Shadowwolf

"Right, but, they had definitely ordered it in a logical way," Jimin was watching the overview of that space trying to analyze it

"The third level down is the one most difficult to reach, let's get there and look for emblems on the shelves. Royalty is marking things with special signs," Jimin moved down the wide staircase so Jungkook ran to be in front of him.

"I'm going first," he breathed out.

"Cute Puppy," Jimin couldn't help but to ruffle his hair.

His husband only stretched his hand out to squeeze his palm while they were slowly taking the stairs down to the first level, Jimin's heartbeat raising the lower and deeper they were entering the library, the darkness so thick around them and Jungkook switched the torch on taking a ladder to the second level so Jimin followed hesitantly.

"One more down," Jungkook was standing there sliding the light ray over the next ladder. "I don't like sometimes about here."

"Same," Jimin had cold sweat rolling down his spine.

"Let's go," Jungkook put his leg over the ladder slowly climbing down and Jimin took two breaths in before following, maybe he really wasn't the smartest putting his baby in so much danger when it was so small and helpless.

The road down longer as the lowest level was located in some depths of the palace.

"What are we looking for?" Jungkook was gliding the torch light along the shelves so Jimin lit up his own searching for a clue.

"I don't know yet. See here, it's the lily of the red lake, a symbol of Namjoon's bloodline what meant those books definitely hold the darkest secrets of their family.

"So should I look for similar signs?" Asked Jungkook staring at the emblem carved into the dark wood.

"Yes," Jimin nodded. "Maybe I will take that alley?"

"No, we won't split," Jungkook's eyes were serious making him gulp.

"Sure, will take longer to search," Jimin shrugged yet decided not to argue, both walking down to the next row checking the emblems on each shelve, most Jimin remembered learning about during history class. Jungkook was keeping a little bit forward scanning the place around them with the light and burning alpha eyes.

"Jimin... I think I've found," he raised his voice a bit so the omega hurried his way placing his hand on his husband's back. Weren't they too young to do all this here, being married for three years, now extending the family, he was twenty five, Jungkook barely twenty two, but his gaze wandered behind a bared out area behind thick metal towards shelves hidden on the other side. There was a symbol of a flower swallowing a fang carved at the top of the first.

"I've never seen that symbol before," whispered Jimin.

"I did, many times. It had been carved on Yoongi's chain," Jungkook was speaking quietly raising goosebumps all over his skin.

"Let's get there then," Jimin spotted a gate in the metal cobstruction, but Jungkook wasted no time grabbing the bars pulling them open so they cracked breaking.

"Um... sure that's also a way," Jimin sighed, maybe they shouldn't leave that many traces of being here behind, but Jungkook dived into the sealed section of the library, the omega following with a loudly beating heart.
If Taehyung catches them here, they're doomed.

The torch lights exposing hundreds of thick ancient looking books, while Jimin was reading through the titles.

"This one only has that symbol," Jungkook took one thick volume out blowing the dust off it.

"It would be too obvious," Jimin was still searching, but his alpha opened the book leafing through it, Jimin walking to the middle of the alley to pick up one called The First Beast.

Was it really pointless to be here, as they could waste days and find nothing.

"Jimin..." Jungkook caught his attention but the lights of the torches flickered suddenly going out.

Jimin heard rushed footsteps when his alpha was running his way. Something moved at the other end of the alley raising up from the floor becoming bigger and bigger until taking up the whole place up towards the meters high ceiling, Jimin's blood freezing into ice when that enormous shape became sharper, as if some darkness was gaining features, a sweaty hand grabbed his and he turned catching Jungkook's burning eyes.

"Don't move," hissed Jimin pressing his husband to the bookshelf, the awful shape nearing lifting a paw to sweep a few alleys off  so the were breaking like a forest swallowed by a tornado.

"Run," gasped Jungkook, but Jimin was still pressing him towards the cold wood of the shelves with all his strength.

"Don't move," he begged while another piece of the library was destroyed by that monster making a step towards them.

"Are you crazy?" Gasped Jungkook.

"Just don't move," begged Jimin.

"Why?"

"It's a Shadowwolf," he muttered in horror watching a snout the size of a block of flats approaching their hideout, sniffing so a breeze, like if a hurricane had started nearly swept them off their feet.

"What is a damn Shadowwolf!" Shouted Jungkook surrounding Jimin's waist in his arms to prevent him from falling, the snout raising in front of them opening to reveal fangs the size of the bookshelves. It became dark in front of Jimin's eyes as that enormous mouth could easily swallow them with the whole library. He felt Jungkook reaching for his sword, but he pressed the alpha's hand down, if they attack now, they're dead.

 He felt Jungkook reaching for his sword, but he pressed the alpha's hand down, if they attack now, they're dead

Thank you so much for your feedback. What are your thoughts on Jikook entering the library and meeting the Shadowwolf? Will they make it out alive?

Much <3