Chapter 1

Megan's POV

You know when you're having the best sleep in your life and someone just comes and ruins it. Well that happens to me at least once a week. My best friend Courtney is basically like my mom. She sometimes scares me honestly.

"Megan if you don't get your ass up right now I swear the god I will throw an ice bucket on you" she says yelling from the kitchen.

I slap her across the face in my mind and start moving around in my bed. "why do you always do this it's Saturday and I have nothing to do." I yell back at her and sit up on my bed.

"You have a sad life you're lonely you need to get out more." She says as she walks into my room.

"I am not lonely" I reply with a pout.

"Fine fine whatever you say just get up we are going to go out and have breakfast"

"Is it only gonna be me and you?" I ask.

"No Harper and Lily are going to be there too." She replies and then leaves them room indicating I should start getting ready.

I get up from my bed and go to the bathroom. I have a big bathroom so you can move around easily. As I'm washing my face I look up at the mirror, I have black hair and dark brown eyes. Super basic. As I'm staring at the mirror I can't help but think about how Courtney is right I am lonely. I have a close circle of friends and I don't do much other than go out with them a few times a week. But it's not my fault when life fucks you over you can't help but start to only trust a few people around you. Courtney, Lily and, Harper are my best friends. They know everything about me and support me through everything. We might bicker here and there but we always have each others back.

I finish washing my face and got ready in a hurry. Courtney is scary when she gets mad. I walk out my room and see her sitting on my sofa on her phone.

"Sometimes I regret giving you a key." I tell her with a chuckle.

"Oh look who's finally ready Harper and Lily are going to meet us there, hurry up" she informs me as she's standing up for us to leave. I just give her an innocent smile and walk to the front door.

I don't really like to admit it but I do have money even though I don't really spend it on myself. As we get to the door I grab my car keys. I have two cars. A black 2021 Porche 911 Turbo and a black Audi A3 sedan. I usually just drive the Audi around. The Porsche is for special occasions and plus I need to keep it in a good shape for upcoming races.

We walk to my car and get in and start going to the coffee shop to have breakfast.

"Have your talk to your parents recently?" Courtney asks as I turn away from my street.

I hate this question every time it comes up so I just ignore her and turn up the music.

"Megan you know I'm always here for you if you need anything." Her tone is soft, causing me to take a deep breath.

"What do you want me to say Court, no I haven't talked to them because my father only calls when there's social events and you know that." I hear her sigh and I know she's thinking of something to say to try and comfort me.

My parents have three kinder care schools around the country. Apparently they're a big deal or whatever. They have one of the best schools in the country. When I came out to my parents they didn't take it well or at least my dad didn't. But I guess he took advantage of the situation and used it as media attention to apparently tell the world that we accept everyone and our schools are open for every child. So of course we don't talk unless he needs me at an event or he needs something at the school.

I have been holding on to this hope that everything will change but it hasn't. I don't know why I keep going to those events though. My brother and I are kind of involved in the business but now he's involved more than I am. My father almost completely cut me off, he still asks for my help and asks me to sit in meetings but he doesn't really pay me for it. I used up all my own savings to open my club and it's one of the best decisions I've ever made. That club is my heart I put everything I had into it and I'm glad it's doing well.

I look over at her and she just gives me a smile and that comforts me. Courtney has always been there for me she annoys the hell out of me sometimes but I wouldn't be here without her.

We drive in silence the rest of the ride and a few minutes later we arrive. I park and we get out the car. Courtney opens the door and we step inside, we look around and find Lily and Harper sitting by the window in the far back. We order and then walk to their table.

"Meg, Court, what took you guys so long?" Harper questions and I can't help but groan and sit at the table.

"Oh you know someone just couldn't get out of bed." Courtney answers.

"Lily please save me I can't with Courtney anymore." Lily starts laughing.

"Don't be dramatic Meg lighten up we're just messing around." She is literally always on Courtneys side. Thank god I have Harper or I would have killed one of them by now.

"How's the club going?" Harper asks.

"It's going really good actually, I have to order more drinks later for tomorrow but other than that great."

"I'm really glad, you know we love that club plus we get free drinks" Harper says and everyone starts laughing. As annoying as they are of course I give my best friends free drinks.

A waitress brings our coffees over and we start talking about how things are going and drinking our coffee. Lily is in the middle of telling us how this girl at her work is literally all over her boss when my phone starts vibrating on the table. I look down at the caller ID and I literally want to die.

"Agh Courtney you really had to jinx it." I groan and the three of them look at my phone then look back up to me with concern eyes. I take like ten deep breaths and then answer the call.

"Yes father."

"Megan not even a hello I see." He says and I have to close my eyes to compose myself so I don't lose it.

"Father please don't waste my time what do you need?"

"As you wish, I need you to be at the school in 30 minutes I have someone coming over and I need you to be there too."

"Why and who?" I question.

"Don't argue with me Megan, be there or there will be consequences." he says in his business voice. Consequences my ass what is he gonna do. But I'm too tired of our arguments.

"I'll be there" I say and he hangs up right away without even saying goodbye.

"Are you okay." Lily asks and I look up to see three pairs of eyes on me.

"I have been summoned by my father what a great way to start the weekend." I inform them in a sarcastic tone.

"Courtney I am so glad you're a lawyer because one of these days I'm going to kill someone."

"Megan I will literally kill you if you kill someone." She says and Harper and Lily start chucking trying to hold in their laughs and I just scoff.

"I'm sorry you guys I really have to go he needs me at the school in 30 minutes." I say as I'm getting up. The three of them get up and give me a hug and tell me that they love me. I don't know what I would do without them.

I get in my car and start going towards the school. Hopefully my Saturday will get better after this stupid meeting is over.