Chapter 12

Megan's POV

I'm sitting in a little jail cell that they have in the precinct like the one on law and order. There's two other women and a guy in here too. They took the guy that I beat up to another room so we wouldn't be together.

My knuckles are killing me that guy had a hard jaw. I don't regret hitting him though. I wish I would have hit harder.

Now thinking back to it that's why Avery flinches when someone touches her unexpectedly. The second I heard him talk about beating her I just lost it and saw red. How dare he do that. Wait until I get out of here he will regret this till the day he dies.

My thoughts are interrupted when I hear the jail cell opening and Nathan pops his head in. Nathan is one of the officers here.

"Hey Meg, I heard you were here, what did you do now?" He says with a chuckle.

"Why are you making it sound like I'm here everyday." I say and also laugh.

"Because I see you here way too often for my own good."

"Okay but you know that's not my fault I owe that to my dear father."

The precinct knows how me and my father don't get along. That man has me arrested every once in a while for stupid reasons like trespassing on his property even though he asked me to go there. He does it as a way to show me that he still has control over me.

He never does it around the same time so I never know when it's coming. The whole precinct knows who I am now.

"So what did you do?" He asks again.

"I may or may not have hit someone, he deserved it though." I say.

"I'm sure he did you always have a reason for doing something." I nod.

"Is Courtney here I'm literally dying in here." Okay maybe I'm over exaggerating but my knuckles are killing me.

"No, it's like 12am give her time, she's gonna beat your ass up for waking her up this late."

"I've been in here for hours and please don't remind me I've been trying not to think about it."

"It's only been 30 minutes Megan." He says and starts laughing.

"Same thing." I mumble.

"Alrighty, I have to go but I'll come get you as soon as Courtney is here."

"Thank you" with that he opens the cell door and leaves and I'm back to thinking.

What am I gonna tell Avery. If she wasn't scared of me before she definitely is now. I hope she's doing okay.

"So why did you beat the guy up?" One of the women in the cell asks.

I'm debating on if I should even talk to her or not but since Courtney is taking her sweet time and I'm board I answer her.

"He did something to someone I care about."

"And you thought beating him up was the right solution?" The women questions.

"It's the least he deserves, I would have been able to get more punches in if some stupid person hadn't called the cops." I say.

The cell goes back to being quiet but I break the silence.

"Why are you here?" I ask the women.

"My neighbors pet bird kept shitting on my front steps so I caught it today and cooked it." I look at her in horror.

"And I went and offered it to her as dinner without telling her it was her bird." She adds and shrugs.

Oh god Courtney please hurry up. Okay but wait how can you event get arrested for that. I should ask Courtney if that's even legal.