Chapter 19

Megan's POV

It's about 5 in the morning now and I'm coming back from the club. I'm in the same clothes from when I left Avery's house. I feel really bad that I had to leave midway through meeting her dad.

I hope that didn't give him a reason to hate me.

I'm so excited to have the date with Avery though. I actually think I'm gonna text her and see if we can have it tonight. It's kind of last minute but I just can't wait.

I pull in to my garage and get out. I'm too tired to even get anything to eat so I go straight to my room and don't even bother taking my clothes off.

I get under the cover and send a quick text to Avery letting her know I was home.

I put my phone down not expecting a reply since it's early in the morning but then I hear it ringing. I look to see it's Avery calling.

I answer and I don't even have a chance to say hello before she starts talking.

"hey, why did you get home so late? Have you had anything to eat?"

I can't help but laugh a little bit.

"The real question is why are you awake so early?"

"Megan answer the question." Her tone is stern she sounds a little scary right now.

"okay okay don't kill me please, I had to stay a little longer to order more beverages and I'll eat something when I can get myself to get out of bed." I say.

I hear her sigh and the line is quiet for a minute.

"Cute eyes are you still there?" I question.

"I don't like you working so late, I understand that it's your club and you have to manage it but all this working could get you sick." She says and her tone has soften.

Now it's my turn to be quiet. It's always been like this. I go to the club come back late and do the same thing the next day.

I take a deep breath and speak, "I know beautiful, I'm working on it I promise."

"Why are you awake this early though?" I question.

"Olivia had a bad dream so she woke me up and asked to sleep with me." She answers.

"Oh no, is she okay?"

"Yeah she's fine, she's snuggling to the dog pillow thing you got her." She says and chuckles which makes me also laugh.

"Can I ask you a question?" I say which she answers yes to.

"I know I literally asked you out a few hours ago and it's kind of last minute but do you want to have the date today?"

The line is silent again which makes me nervous.

"Yeah sure we can have a movie night and I can make you food to eat since you haven't had anything." She answers and my heart melts about the fact that she's worried that I haven't ate anything.

"Are you sure? We can go out or do something." I ask.

"Yeah sweetheart I'm sure, it'll be fun."

" I adore you Avery Bryant." I say and I can hear her chucking.

"Go to sleep, I'll see you later." She says and we say our goodbyes and hang up.

I snuggle to my pillow and close my eyes. I'm so happy someone like Avery came into my life.

...

I wake up by hearing a noise downstairs but I don't think much of it. Then I hear my bedroom opening. Am I dreaming?