Chapter 39

Avery's POV

Daughter? Did she just ask where her daughter is?

I look at her and her eyes widen.

"No no she's not my daughter she's Kai and Hazels daughter, I'm like her second mom or third I guess. She's my goddaughter." She rambles out nervously.

I look at the two women that I now know as Hazel and Kai. To say these two women look hot is an understatement. The women that's standing in front of Megan is wearing black pants with a simple white t shirt tucked into her pants. She has long dark brown hair and light brown eyes.

The other women Hazel, has dark brown eyes like Megan and long black curly hair. She's wearing a pantsuit that looks like something a lawyer would wear.

Then I look behind them and the two man that are standing by each other have guns around their waists. What have I gotten myself into?

"Sorry how rude of us to talk without introducing ourselves. I'm Kai Xavier and that's my wife Hazel Xavier."

Kai reaches out her hand and waits for me to shake it.

"Avery Bryant." I grab her hand and shake it.

"We know. That's Harper, Lily, Courtney and, of course Sam." Hazel jumps into the conversation and points at the couch.

"Megan talks about all of you none stop." Kai adds.

"So where's Sofia?" Megan asks. I'm assuming that's the person she called her daughter.

"She's coming tomorrow Daniel is gonna go back and get her, but don't be too happy she's also mad at you." Hazel answers.

Megan rolls her eyes and walks towards Hazel. She slowly kneels down in front of Hazels stomach and that's when I realize she has a little bump.

"I saw you like 3 months ago how do you already have a bump?" Megan mumbles.

"5 months ago." Hazel corrects but her expressions soften.

"Hey little bean, your mom just slapped me but I'm still gonna be the best Aunt you will ever have and buy you everything you want." She whispers to the bump and my heart melts.

"Sorry my hormones got the best of me." Hazel also whispers.

"Wait wait as in the Xaviers? Like the couple in Italy that have the best law firm anyone has ever seen?" Harper suddenly asks and Megan gets up and moves back next to me.

"You can speak Italian?" I ask in a whisper.

"Yeah Kai hired people to teach me." She answers.

"Well we both work at the law firm but it isn't ours anymore I sold it before Hazel and I even met each other."

"That's right you sold it like 6 years. The name of the person you sold it to was never mentioned. Weren't you kidnapped?" Harper asks pointing to Hazel and Megan's whole expression changes and the same goes for Hazel.

"Okay I think it's time for you four to go." Megan gestures towards her friends and Sam.

They start arguing but Megan basically pushes them out of the door and when she comes back to the living room everyone's silent.

"Umm okay so that's Garrett back there and that's his brother Daniel." She point at the two man and I nod.

Then she holds her hand out and waits for me to take it. I slowly take it and we walk away from the group.

"Cute eyes, I can explain. I'll explain everything just please don't jump into conclusions before I have the chance to finish."

"Who are these people?" I ask. We're still holding on to each other's hand.