Chapter 51

Megan's POV

Obviously Avery shut down the idea very quickly about me racing. She was scared that something was going to happen and I didn't push it since she's right.

It's been a week since we've been in Italy and everything has been going great. Avery and Olivia seem to like it here. I showed the both of them my house here and today I'm taking Avery to the law firm.

We're leaving Italy in two days and she wanted to see everything before we leave but I have a feeling we'll come back again.

I'm on my way to meet Kai at one of her warehouses. She wanted to talk to me about something. Garrett is driving me and when we're done I'm going to go meet up with Avery.

"Do you know what she wants to talk about?"

"Yeah I do but if she finds out I told you anything she's gonna kill me." Garrett replies and glances at me before looking back to the road.

I roll my eyes, "You work for me. I'm your boss stop listening to Kai."

"Like I've said before you will always be my second boss plus you're not as scary as she is."

"You're annoying." I mumble.

We stay silent for the rest of the car ride until we get to the warehouse. Garrett gets out first and hands me my crutches. It's starting to become less painful using them.

I start walking towards the warehouse first and Garrett follows me. Kai's men are at the door and when they see me approaching they hurriedly open the door.

"You're late." I look to my right and Kai is leaning on the wall.

"Garrett drives slow."

"I'm just listening to your future wife, she told me not to drive fast." He replies.

I smile at him calling Avery my future wife before bringing my attention back to Kai, "So whats up?"

"What do you want me to do with them?" She asks and I tilt my head in confusion.

"With who?"

She points at the back of the warehouse and I squint my eyes to see. The moment I see Jack and Liam my breath catches in my throat.

"Y-you found them?"

She nods and I take a deep breath, "When Hazel and I got kidnapped you didn't ask what I wanted to happen. What's the difference now?" I ask.

"That man kidnapped Hazel and put his hands on her. She still has nightmares. Plus he almost killed you I didn't need anyones opinion on what I was going to do to him." She answers.

"Are you ever gonna tell me what you did to him?" I question hesitantly.

She stays quiet for a second before speaking again, "those two hurt you and your family so you get to decide this one."

She changed the subject which gives me my answer.

I turn my crutches and slowly walk towards them. They're both tied to chairs and their faces are bloody. They also seem to be passed out.

"Did you hit them?"

She shrugs her shoulders, "I had to send a message to show that no one messes with my family without there being consequences."

I really want this whole thing to be over. When we go back home I don't want to worry about Jack or Liam. I want to have a normal life with Avery. Well as normal as it gets with me being in a mafia.

"Teach Liam a lesson he deserves it. Other than that you're free to do whatever you want to. I just don't ever want to see them again."

She nods and I look at Garrett and he signals at his watch, "I have to go meet Avery now."