Chapter 6

Megan's POV

"What?" She looks at me like I'm crazy.

"You can drive my car to your house and I can take your car to my mechanic, this way it wouldn't break down on the way to your house."

"You want to let me drive your car to my house?" She asks and I nod.

"That's a lot of trust to put into someone you've just recently met."

"I guess it is." I shrug. This women could ask me to give her my whole house and I would. I don't know there's just something about her.

"It would just be easier and I promise my mechanic is good."

She's quiet for a second thinking.

"It's not that hard to drive it, it might feel a little bit different at first but the only big difference is the speed." I inform her. "Please I insist."

She slowly nods still unsure. But I quickly get to work and put everything away so she doesn't second guess it. I move to my car with her behind me.

"Hey sweetie, you and mommy are gonna take my car to your house, would that be fine with you." I ask Olivia as I'm pausing Frozen.

"Yes yes can I keep watching frovzen." She asks me with this cute pout.

"Of course you can princess, anything that you want."

"Thnk you Mevg, your the bevst." She says and puts her arms around me to hug me. My heart literally melts, kids always have the kindest hearts.

"Alrighty" I turn towards Avery and she gives me a small smile. I can feel my heart start to beat a little faster.

"Come on go sit down, and adjust your seat."

She moves around me and sits down and brings the seat a little bit forward. I'm maybe 2 or 3 inches taller than her so it makes sense.

"So it's like a regular car right." She turns around looking at me. I can tell she's nervous.

"You're gonna be fine cute eyes plus if anything happens to the car I wouldn't hold it against you." I say with a reassuring smile.

That seemed to calm her down.

"Anything I should know about your car." I say with a chuckle.

"No just take care of her."

"Can I have your number?"

She turns her head quickly to look at me in shock.

"So you can send me your address so I can bring your car back." I ramble out quickly. Gosh I am so not subtle.

"Umm sure yeah, give me your phone." I give her my phone and she puts her number and I sent her a text so she can have my number too.

"Alright I'll probably bring your car back later tonight, would that be fine?"

"Yeah perfect, thank you so much."

"Don't mention it, you should get going it's getting dark and ummm l... let me know when you get home so I know you made it safely." She nods and steps back and I quickly look at Olivia before she starts driving.

"Hey princess, it was really nice meeting you, be good to your mommy and hopefully I can see you again soon." I say and I tickle her and she starts laughing.

She gives me a high five and another hug and I step back and watch my beautiful Porsche leave. I quickly get into her car and go towards my mechanic.

Thank god the mechanic isn't far away from where we are. Hopefully he can finish quickly.

It takes me about 15 minutes to get there and I park and get out.

"Hey Megan did you get a new car?"

"James, how are you?, no I didn't this is a friends car she got a flat tire."

"I'm good and got it, it shouldn't take that long to fix it."

He goes to take the keys from me and right before he does I just have this urge to do something.

"You know what since I'm already here, go ahead and change all 4 and put new ones and if anything else needs changing please also do that. Everything's on me."

He simply nods and grabs the keys. Since I can remember I've been brining my car to James, he's the only mechanic I can trust to work on my cars.

I got outside and sit on the curb to wait. She has a nice car to be honest. A black 2021 Chevy blazer. I can appreciate a person who has good taste in cars.

I take a deep breath and try to gather my thoughts. What's happening to me, I have never let anyone drive my Porsche and Avery comes along and changes that within a week that we have met.

Meeting her daughter today was an amazing feeling. I felt so connected to Olivia and I could tell she felt the same. I need to talk to courtney and see what she thinks.

As I'm sitting and waiting I hear my phone buzz.

Angel eyes: hey, just wanted to let you know we made it home.

Me: I'm glad you guys made it home safely and I should be on my way to your house in about 30 minutes.

Before I can put my phone down it buzzes again and I look down to see she has sent me her address. I can't help but smile a little bit.

I wait for about 15 more minutes and I see James walking out and coming towards me.

"So I change the tires and the breaks needed to be changed too so I changed those too and I put a new spare tire in the trunk, beside that everything else is good.

"Thank you so so much, e-mail me the paperwork and stuff and I'll send you a cheque."

He nods "No problem Megan don't mention it, so I'm sorry I know it's none of my business but I saw you smiling at your phone and you never bring anyone else's car in so I can't help but ask, have you met someone?" He asks with a big smile.

I laugh a little bit. James is like my older brother he's protective and always has my back.

"To be honest I'm not sure all I know is that she makes my heart feel like it's going to explode whenever she's around."

"No way kid, I'm so happy for you it was about damn time."

"Well nothing has happened yet so I'm not gonna get my hopes up."

"Give it time, and I'm always here for you if you need anything." He says and goes in to hug me. I hug him back and we say our goodbyes and now I'm on my way to her house.

I decided to quickly take her car to a car wash and now I've been on my way to her house for about 20 minutes. It's about 8pm now and I pass my club and it looks packed.

Unfortunately I can't come back and help since I need to get a goodnight sleep for tomorrow and get my stuff ready.

10 minutes later I arrive at her house and see my Porsche parked outside. I knock three times and wait. A minute later a women opens a door and I don't recognize her. She looks like Avery a little bit but I don't know.

"Hello, I'm here for Ms.Bryant." I say and wait.

"Oh yes she's my daughter, who are you if you don't mind me asking?"

"I'm a friend of hers I brought her car back from the mechanic."

"Oh my god you're the person that helped her out thank you so much please come in."

"It's okay Mrs.Bryant, I can just wait for her outside."

"Nonsense please come in."

How do you tell an older women no when she's looking at you with pleading eyes and how do I always find myself in awkward situations.