Chapter 20

Avery's POV

I've been sitting on Megan's bed for the last 30 minutes unable to move. I can't get the look in her eyes out of my mind. She looked so hurt but not for herself for me.

She probably thought she hurt me. I don't think she's in the house. I haven't heard any noises since I heard the garage.

I slowly get up from her bed and look down to see little spots of blood on the floor from her lip. My eyes start to water and I'm on the verge of tears but before anything I need to figure out where she is.

I open the door and walk downstairs. I call out her name but I don't hear anything. I check the kitchen and the living room but she's not here.

I'm starting to get worried it's close to 9 now and she's still not back.

Courtney, Harper and, Lily gave me their phone numbers so I'm going to call one of them. Probably Courtney.

I dial her number and wait.

"Hello?"

"Hey Courtney, this is Avery." I say.

"Oh hey Avery is everything okay?" She asks and the question makes me break down and start crying.

"N-no c-c-can y-ou come to M-Megan's h-house." I stutter out while crying.

She quickly says yes and hangs up. I go and sit on the couch and let my thoughts take over. Before I know it I hear the door opening, I jumped up thinking it's Megan but her three best friends walk in looking concern.

Harper sees me crying so she quickly comes over to me and gives me a hug.

"What happened where's Megan?" Lily asks after Harper pulls away.

"We had a date today a-and." I can't continue and start crying again.

Courtney walks over to me and gesture for me to sit down. She calms me down and I start explaining everything but left a few details out.

They already know what Liam did to me so I explain everything and when I'm done the three of them look scared. Why scared?

"No no no, Harper go see which car she took." Courtney says and Harper quickly moves toward the garage with Lily behind her.

"What? where did she go?" I ask Courtney but she doesn't answer me she just squeezes my hand.

"She took the Porsche." Lily says and the looks the three of them have now scares me.

They look worried, scared and, mad at the same time.

"I thought she said she stopped." Harper says angry.

"We don't have time for this grab your car keys we're gonna go check." Courtney says and grabs my hand and leads me out the house to Harpers car.

"Can someone please tell me what is going on?" I say a bit loud once we get inside the car.

"You just have to see for yourself." Lily answers vaguely.

"I will kill her once I get my hands on her." Courtney says and no one speaks after that.

I have no idea where we are going but the place is out of town towards the mountains. As we get closer I see about a 100 cars parked outside and a lot of people behind fences.

We get out the car and go up the stairs behind the fences to see better. No one has said a word yet.

When we get to the top of the stairs I see about 9 sport cars parked behind a line.

"We can't don't anything now they're about to start." Lily says which makes Courtney curse.

"What is happening please tell me." I question again.