Chapter 34

Avery's POV

Today is Harpers birthday and she's invited all of us to her house.

"Maybe you should have gotten her something else too." I tell Megan as we approach the house and knock.

The house is huge. It looks even bigger than Megan's.

"Cute eyes I'm going broke because of Harper plus she likes tequila." She answers and holds up the bottle.

I don't have time to respond to her because the door opens and I see Emma.

"You two are the last ones to show up." She informs us and I glare at Megan. She wouldn't leave the house because she couldn't find her favorite socks.

"What? Don't look at me like that." I roll my eyes and bring my attention back to Emma. Harper comes up from behind her and kisses her cheek.

"Tequila, my favorite." She says and gestures for us to come in.

We both walk in and take off our shoes.

"Avery wanna come with me to pour drinks?" Harper asks and takes the bottle from Megan. I nod and Emma drags Megan somewhere which causes me to giggle.

"I think your girlfriend might have a crush on my girlfriend." I say as I'm following Harper to where she is going.

"I don't doubt that for a second." She replies and laughs.

We reach the kitchen and she goes to a cabinet and brings out glasses.

"So how much did you pay for this house? It looks amazing." I question.

"I didn't buy this house, Megan did." She answers casually.

I look at her surprised, "Megan bought you a house?"

"Yup, it's amazing what I'm almost dying can get you. You should try it sometime." She shrugs and pours the drinks.

She finishes and starts walking out the kitchen. I follow behind her still shocked that Megan bought her house. How much money does she exactly have?

We walk into the living room and everyone is eating snacks and talking. Emma is talking to Lily. Courtney and Ethan are talking to Megan and she looks so confused.

I laugh at her facial expressions and she looks over at me and smiles. Harper and I put the drinks down and the second we do the doorbell rings.

"Are we expecting someone else?" Lily asks and Harper shakes her head no.

Courtney seemed to have caught on to something because she's glaring hard at Megan.

"What did you do?" She asks in a low voice and Megan quickly stands up from the couch.

"I'm gonna go open the door." She says and quickly leaves.

I hear the door opening and closing and a few seconds later Megan walks back into the living room. With Amelia behind her.

"You invited her?" Harper asks shocked.

"Why would you do that?" Lily slightly raises her voice.

I look at Courtney to see that she's looking at Amelia but not saying anything.

"All of you guys be nice." Megan warned.

To be honest I'm on her friends side. Amelia played a part in that big fight that we had.

"I can't do this right now." Lily says and walks out of the living room.

Emma and Ethan slowly walked out too.