Chapter 28

Megan's POV

I booked the first flight to Paris which is 2 hours form now. I quickly put some stuff in my suitcase and get in my car. Before I go to the airport though I have to make a stop.

I keep glancing at my phone to see if Avery has messaged me but nothing. It's been about 3 hours since she walked out of my house.

I get to my destination and just look at the house for a second. This whole thing could escalate if Jack opens the door but I just have to do it I need to talk to Amelia. Plus it's a Saturday so he might not be home.

I get out my car and knock. I hear footsteps and a few seconds later the door opens and I met with Amelia.

"Megan, what are you doing here?" She asks surprised and a little nervous.

"Is Jack home?"

"No he went to his parents, why are you here?" She asks again.

"I want to talk can I come inside please?"

She hesitates for a second but steps back and opens the door wider so I can go in. I walk towards her couch and sit down. She sits in front of me and doesn't say anything.

"Amy, as pissed as I am, I didn't come here to yell at you I came here to let you know that you still have me in your corner." I say and look at her.

"What?" She asks confused.

"I know Jack had a part in this you wouldn't have just told Avery those things for no reason. Especially since you kno—." I can't continue anymore so I take a deep breath.

"Especially since you know what happened with the assault charge. I just came here to say that when you see Jack for who he is, I will be there for you. You can always count on me this won't change anything."

She starts sniffing and she wipes her eyes with her sleeve.

"Megan I'm so so sorry the second I said all those things I regretted them. I shouldn't have. You look like someone just ran over your heart with a truck." She mumble the last part but I still hear it.

"You're forgiven, we'll wait for you Amy. You're always welcomed back. I love you that's all I came here to say." I say as I stand up to leave.

Amelia looks at me for a second before she bursts into tears.

"You left. You left and expected all of us to be fine. We needed you. I needed you and you weren't here." She says and comes towards me.

"I know." I reply looking down. "I should have checked up on you guys."

"Jack was there, you weren't here but he was. What am I supposed to do? I miss you guys. When you left we weren't the same."

I look back up at her and I can't control it anymore I let my own tears fall. I open my arms and she rushes to me and gives me a hug.

"I'm here now and I'm so sorry for not thinking about how my actions would affect you guys." I say as I'm still hugging her.

"I just ruined your life and your the one apologizing to me?" She says when we pull back from the hug and I wipe my tears.

"You didn't ruin my life, Avery just needs time and she's right I need to find a way to talk to her, I need to learn how to be vulnerable."

I glance at the clock in the living room. I have to go now if I want to make my flight.

"I have to go now or I'm gonna miss my flight."

"Your flight? Are you leaving again?" She asks.

"I can't stay here for this week. I thought I would be able to do it with Avery by my side but I'm sure she won't want to talk to me for a few days and I just can't stay here. I'll be back Friday."