Chapter 41

Megan's POV

"So how long are you two staying?" I ask Kai as I put back the bottle of scotch and throw the plastic cup away.

She hops on the counter and faces me, "Why? Are you tired of us already?"

That means they're gonna stay a while.

"You know where the guest room is and if you need anything just let me know. Oh and don't have sex in my house please." I say and also jump on the counter and sit next to her.

She winks at me, "No promises."

I groan and throw my head back. I'm still traumatized from when I heard them in Italy.

"Do you think she's gonna leave?" Kai asks gesturing towards the living room.

Hazel and Avery stopped crying a few minutes ago and now they're both talking in hushed tones.

"I don't know. If she needs time after everything we just told her then I will gladly give it to her." I reply.

"You love her don't you?"

I sigh and close my eyes and lean my head on her shoulder. "You remember what you told me the day after I got out of the hospital and I couldn't look at myself because of the scars?" I feel her nod slowly.

I can't say one night changed everything. That one moment changed me. That one day it all came crashing down. That one moment caused my world to break and it made me start to make a new one. A better one.

For me it was years. Years of toxicity. Years of emotional build up. Years where I neglected my own needs. Years of placing my worth on the opinions others had of me.

The world felt overwhelmingly big. But also suffocating small.

All the same, with each day my world became smaller. My mind ran a little wilder. My day dreams became my escape.

But with the build up. The anticipation. There will come one moment where it all catches up with you. A moment with a sudden release.

I was losing myself until that night changed me.

Flashback

I didn't care about the fact that my wounds were bleeding. I was limping on my way to the backyard. All I could hear was the rain and when I stepped outside for the first time, I stopped. I unclenched my jaw and I screamed at the top of my lungs.

I lifted my face to the rain and let it wash away all the pain I was feeling. Every emotion that I had build up inside of me was coming out at once and I couldn't control myself. I fell to my knees and I cried.

"Megan what the hell are you doing? Your wounds are bleeding." I hear Kai from behind me but I ignore her.

I feel her run towards me and she kneels down in front of me.

"Are you okay?" Kai asked and I look at her with teary eyes.

"No one loves me and no one is going to love me."

Both of our clothes were soaking wet but she didn't care. She looked at me with so much love in her eyes that I started to cry again.

"I love you, Hazel loves you and our baby is going to love you too." She says.

"I don't regret a single thing. The scars are just so ugly." I mumble and she brings my head to her shoulder and hugs me.

"One day someone out there is gonna love those scars. The scars on our bodies don't define us Megan, we do. You saved Hazels life and my unborn child. I can never repay you enough for that."

I relax all the muscles in my body and just let her hold me.

"I hope you find someone with warm eyes and someone who loving them feels like a field of wildflowers blooming all around you. Someone who becomes so tangled up in your soul."

She brings me back from the hug and holds my cheeks in her hands.

"I hope you find a love where you blossom, instead of one you just survive. I hope you find someone who is right for you."

End of flashback

"She's the right person for me and with everything in me I hope she doesn't leave."

I open my eyes and move my head from Kai's shoulder and look up at her. She has tears in her eyes but she quickly wipes them away.

"Something went in my eye." She mumbles.

I roll my eyes and chuckle. She's literally a teddy bear inside but likes to pretend otherwise.

She clears her throat and I can tell this conversation is about to change into something serious.

"Where's your gun?" She asks and I internally groan. She is so overprotective sometimes.

"Upstairs in my safe." She nods and continues.

"I know about Amelias boyfriend Jack but who's this other person that you're trying to find?" She questions.

"Amelia's ex boyfriend," I correct and continue, "Liam that's his name. He's Avery's ex." I answer.

"How do you always find yourself in situations like these?" She asks annoyed. I shrug and just smile at her.

"We should train tomorrow, you've been slacking." She adds.

"Whatever but Garrett needs to train too."

"I will train with him later." She says and hops down from the counter and I do the same.

We make our way to the living room and Hazel and Avery's conversation stops. I wonder what they were talking about.

"Come on Amore, let's call it a night." Kai says and reaches her hand out for Hazel to grab.

Night? I look outside to see it's dark and then I look at my watch and it's 8:15pm.

I didn't even realize that our talk took all day.

Hazel grabs Kai's hand and they start walking towards the stairs.

"Remember no sex." I yell after them.

Hazel turns around and looks at me.

"Don't go around getting stabbed." She says.

"Actually this time I was planning to try out  getting shot." I reply and Hazel glares at me.

"I'm obviously kidding." I quickly say and she rolls her eyes and they both walk up the steps and disappear behind the wall.

I bring my attention to Avery and she's looking at me with a look I can't decipher.

"Do you want me to take you home?" I ask.

She gets up from the couch and looks at me confused.

"No, why would you take me home?"

"You want to stay? You don't want time to go think?" I ask slightly surprised.

She grabs my hand and leads the both of us up the stairs.

"I will always choose to stay and I can think from right here."

She leads us to my bedroom and gets on the bed and lays down. I follow after her and also lay down.

She brings her head to my chest and I wrap my hands around her body, "Let's sleep, we'll talk tomorrow."

I reach and turn the light off and kiss Avery's forehead.

"I can't carry the weight of everything that happened to you. As much as I wish I could I can't. So I'm just gonna hold you closer and love you forever." She whispers in the darkness.

I can't help the smile that's forming on my lips.

"I love you Aves, with everything I am and with everything that I hope to be."

"I love you too Meg, we are just simply meant to be." She murmurs almost sleep. I sigh in relief. Her presence in general makes me fall in love all over again.

All I can hope for is that nothing bad happens.