Chapter 37

Avery's POV

"Cute eyes I'm begging you tell me where we are going." I hear Megan groan from next to me.

"Stop being so grumpy we'll be there soon."

"I'm not being grumpy." I glance at her and she's pouting. She is literally like a child.

"Did you say your goodbyes?" I ask trying to distract her.

"My goodbyes?"

"Yeah you know in case I'm a serial killer and I kill you." I say and she sits straight in her seat.

"You wouldn't do that." She replies. I look at her and smirk before looking back to the road.

"There would be an army coming after you if you do that." She answers and laughs.

I take that as her friends trying to take revenge so I laugh with her.

The rest of the car ride is just us talking here and there and listening to music. We reach our destination and I can tell she is confused.

I get out of the car and open the trunk to take out our picnic stuff.

"Where are we?" She asks as she also gets out and helps me.

"Go look over the mountain." I say.

"Are you gonna push me off? I can't die before going to a Blackpink concert." She replies.

"I don't even know what that is."

"What? How? You know what never mind I'm gonna go look."

I crouch down and start setting up our picnic stuff and hear her gasp.

"That's where we went to the carnival." She points and I nod.

I want to tell Megan that I love her today and I thought I should bring her here because deep down I knew I loved her when she asked me to be her girlfriend.

She walks over to me and grabs my hand to help me stand up.

"I love it, thank you." She says and pecks my lips.

"Come on let's lay down." She nods and lays down first.

I lay down too and put my head on her stomach. She intertwines our fingers together and we stay silent for a minutes just enjoying our surrounding.

"Tell me something I don't know about you." I break the silence and say.

"I love big cats. Like, lions and panthers and tigers. They look so cuddly and soft." She answers.

I laugh and tighten my hand around hers, "Like the ones that'll eat your face off?" I question amusedly.

She tilts her head to look at me and shoots a glare my way.

"It would have been out of love." She says.

"Whatever you say baby." I reply still laughing and she scoffs.

"Do you want strawberries?" She asks after a few seconds and I hum.

She gently gets out form under me and goes to our picnic basket.

"Can I feed them to you like in the movies?" She questions and I nod chuckling.

She brings one to my mouth and when I go to bite it I also bite her finger.

"Ow that doesn't happen in the movies." She says and holds her finger.

"I didn't see your finger." I reply while chewing and try to hold back my laughter.

"Sure you didn't." She grabs my legs and brings me to her.

She hovers over me and smirks, "I know a way you can make it up to me."

I hit her shoulder and she starts laughing.

"Cute eyes, you're turning red. You have a dirty mind."

I hit her again and turn my face to hide how red it is.

"This is what I was going to do." She says and leans down. She attacks my neck with kisses and I can't help but start laughing.

"S-stop that t-tickles."

"You always smell so good." She says and leans back and kisses my nose.

She rolls off me and lays beside me. I look at her and she has a big smile on her face. I wanted to tell her a little later in the date but I just can't wait any longer.

"Come on get up." She looks at me confused but gets up.

I grab her hand and bring her face closer to me, "Dance with me." I murmur with a soft voice against her lips.

"What?" She tilts her head to the side.

I bring my hands around her neck, "dance with me." I say again.

"But there's no music." Despite her words she doesn't fight me when I tug her closer by her neck. Her arms settle around my waist, her body flush with my own.

"We don't need music." I also bring my hands to her waist, "Just...dance with me?"

"Okay." She whispers softly and presses a soft kiss to my forehead as I begin rocking her side to side.

I press my forehead against hers and start speaking.

"After everything that happened I never thought I would be the type to fall in love again. I thought that it's just a story that people made up. One person that cares for you everyday? There was absolutely no way. But then you look at me with those dark brown eyes." I feel her hold around my waist tighten and I smile and continue.

"In your eyes I found all the lies I had told myself. I was hypnotized. Finally I felt alive. I love how they sparkle just for me. Every intricate speck was perfectly design. So unique." I lean back and look at her eyes.

"I get to see new versions of them every now and then. When the sun hits, it's like I've fallen over again. Now I never feel alone. I- I love you Megan, I love you so much." The second I say that her hands drop from my waist and I hear her stop breathing for a second.

I suddenly get scared thinking she wasn't ready but the look in her eyes tell me everything.

"I wanted to say that first." She whispers and grabs my waist again.

She brings me in for a hug and sighs.

"I thought it was love at first sight. Your blue eyes met mine and I felt our souls intertwine. Your vibrant gaze brought me back to life. I saw a new version of myself in your reflection." She pulls back and we make eye contact.

"One look form you and it was enough to cure my soul. Healing every part of me like soft eucalyptus leaves. For the first time in forever, I felt like I could finally breath." She grabs my hand and squeezes.

"It wasn't love at first sight though. First, it was your laugh, repeating all day in my head, hearing your voice, smooth and sweet, like hearing my favorite song for the first time."

I don't realize I've started crying until Megan gently brings her hand to my cheek and wipes my tears.

"I fell in love with the little things first. I'm head over heels for you Aves. From the first glance I knew you would either be my salvation or my undoing, and to be honest I didn't care which."

She takes a deep breath and cups my cheek.

"I love you more, I love you more than anything in this world. Love feels easy with you. Nothing lasts forever but I promise to love you forever. Until our memories slip away to nothingness, until our wrinkled hands don't remember what it was like to hold one another tight."

This time I bring her into a hug and let the tears fall freely. I hug her like it's the last time I ever will.

I finally found a place to call home.