Chapter 11

Megan's POV

Her friends can sure drink. A few drinks wasn't enough. I lost count of how many times I served them. Avery didn't drink much though which is good because she's going to be sober for the conversation I'm hoping to have with her soon.

"So what's you guy's favorite song?" I ask Ethan and Emma.

"We don't really have any favorites we just listen to anything." Emma answers. You can clearly tell she's drunk.

"Well what can I get the DJ to play so you guys go to the dance floor? I want to see some of the moves you guys have."

"Ummm, oh oh On the Floor by Jennifer Lopez."

"Alright I can do that." Thank god because I was starting to think they will never leave.

I quickly call Joe over and tell him to tell the DJ to play the song.

The song starts playing almost immediately and Emma and Ethan make their way on to the dance floor.

I wait about 5 minutes before I speak to Avery.

"You've been ignoring me"

She looks up at me and looks at me for a second.

"No I haven't I've just been busy."

I hum and look at her.

"I'm sorry if I crossed a line." I say genuinely.

"You didn't, it's just I don't know but you didn't do anything wrong."

"Can we talk somewhere private please I owe you an explanation on why I acted like that at the event."

She looks at me unsure on what do say.

"It will be quick we can go to my office."

She slowly nods and starts to get up. I motion for Joe to come over and he quickly does.

I lead her to my office which is upstairs and open the door. She sits on the couch and I sit in front of her.

"Okay umm some things I'm not ready to talk about yet but I can tell you about Amelia and Jack is that okay?"

She nods and waits for me to go on. I take a deep breath and start from the beginning.

"About 5 months ago it was Amelia's birthday, we were all best friends and really close. We were planning to throw her a surprise party at her house. We all have keys to each other's houses which by the way I'm starting to regret."

She chuckles and that gives me the motivation to go on.

"I went to her house to get everything ready when I walked in on Jack with another girl, he didn't know we were coming over so he freaked out. Before I could talk to Amelia he did and he told her that I threw myself at him and wanted to sleep with him."

I take another deep breath and look down before I continue. I can't look at Avery's eyes right now.

"I told her what actually happened but Jack is so manipulative he somehow convinced her that I was lying so umm let's just say she went off and came to my house and broke the windows to my cars and some other stuff, no matter how many times courtney, Harper, lily or even me told her that he was lying she didn't believe us."

"Other than him being manipulative could there be another reason she didn't believe you?" Avery interrupts me and asks. I look up to see she's looking at me with soft eyes.

"Love." I sigh.

"She loves him too much to see the truth and I don't blame her."

"Is that why you defended her?"

"Yeah, I hope one day she sees the truth, I didn't want courtney, Harper and, lily to stop being her friend but they did. She can be friends with us again anytime she wants I'm not mad at her."

I finish and the room is quiet. I look at her but she's not looking at me. I keep starring at her until she looks up and my breath hitches. It's like she's a siren and I'm completely under her control.

"I got scared?" She says

"What?" I ask confused.

"I was ignoring you, you were right, I got scared." I frown and look down.

I feel her hand go under my chin and bring it up. We're staring at each other again.

"I got scared because you're making me feel things that I told myself I didn't want to ever feel again but with you it's different like a good different."

I let out a relief sigh that she's not scared of me.

"Well if it makes you feel any better you're driving me crazy." I say.

At this point we're having a staring contest. We both start leaning in towards each other and she licks her lips which drives me crazy. I close my eyes and move closer but before anything could happen someone barges into my office.

I turn around to see a panicking Joe.

"What? What's happening?" I ask in a worry.

"Umm Ms.Bryant your friends are starting a fight with a guy at the bar."

"What?" We both say in union.

I jump up and quickly go towards the bar with Avery right behind me.

The second we get there I see Ethan trying to hold Emma back but Emma gets free and slaps the guy in the face. I quickly go towards them but stop in my tracks when I don't feel Avery behind me anymore.

I turn around to see she looks horrified. I immediately frown and it looks like she has tears in her eyes.

"What? Are you okay? Do you know him?" I fire questions right after each other.

Before she can say anything I hear the guy speak.

"Oh there she is." He checks out Avery from head to toe and I look to Avery to see she's on the verge of crying.

That's enough for me to move towards the guy.

"What the hell is happening here?" I say and raise my voice a little bit. Ethan successfully has a hold on Emma now.

"Who the hell are you, I'm not here for you I'm here for my bitch?" He says pointing at Avery.

Before I can get a hold of the guy Joe quickly grabs me to stop me from what I was about to do.

"What are you gonna do huh, Avery come on get over here." I look back to Avery again and she's full on crying now and Emma is doing everything she can to get out of Ethan's death grip.

"Maybe I should give you another beating to teach you a lesson bitch." He says and starts laughing.

I don't even know what took over me. I push Joe back grab the guy and punch him in the face. He falls to the ground but quickly gets up and swings at me but I dodge him.

I swing again but harder this time and I hear police sirens from outside. I go to punch him again but I feel hands grabbing me. I look behind me to see Joe trying to pull me off the guy.

I don't though I get free again but before I can swing at him I hear Avery's crying voice.

"Megan stop." She says. She says it so quietly that I barely hear it.

I step back from the guy to see his nose is bleeding and his cheek is red.

I try to go back to Avery but before I can three cops walk into the club and come towards us. They see the situation and quickly arrest me and him.

"Call Courtney please and then call Harper and lily and tell them to come help Avery." I quickly tell Joe before they put me in handcuffs and take me away.

Courtney is going to kill me but I don't regret anything one single bit.