Chapter 48

Megan's POV

"Cute eyes can you please go get the doctor?" I ask Avery as I'm staring Garrett down. He's frozen in his spot and not making eye contact. Avery nods her head and goes towards the door.

"Wait don't leave me." Hazel quickly follows her out the door.

"So...what's going on?" Garrett asks.

"You just wait until I can get out of this bed." I point at him.

"I didn't do anything." He hold his hand up panicking.

I narrow my eyes, "what did you say to Avery?"

The second I ask that he looks away and his face goes pale.

"It's her fault that you're here." He says looking away.

"What did you say?" I ask raising my voice slightly.

Garrett turns around to leave but Kai blocks the door.

Kai shakes her head in disappointment, "I've told you so many time that your big mouth will get you in trouble but you still dont listen."

"Boss you can't be serious it's Avery's fault that all of this happened."

"Don't speak to me that way." Kai warns, "know your place."

"None of this is her fault. I brought her into this life everything that happened is because of me."

"Stop defending her, do you really wanna know who shot you?"

"Garrett this is not the time right now." Kai warns for the second time. If Garrett pushes a little more it's obvious that she's going to get mad.

"It was her ex and Amelia's ex and I'm willing to bet that all of it was Avery's ex boyfriends idea."

I went to get up from the bed to give Garrett a piece of my mind but instead I wince in pain. My back feels like it's on fire whenever I move even a little bit. My leg doesn't hurt as bad as my back.

"Megan stop moving and Garrett shut your mouth." Kai raises her voice.

"I don't care who shot me this is not her fault." I also raise my voice.

"Why are you still defending her, you're blind if you can't see that she's bad for you." He says and walks closer to the bed.

"Know who you're talking to Garrett, I don't care who you are you will not talk about Avery like that." I say angrily.

Garrett rolls his eyes and for the second time he turns around to leave by Kai stops him again.

She grabs him by his shirt collar and he shrinks into himself, "if I have to tell you to shut your mouth one more time this will not end good for you."

"Apologize to Avery." I order. He turns his head towards me and Kai let's go of his collar.

"I'm not gonna apologize. She deserved to hear everything I said." He moved more towards the bed.

With all the strength in my body I grabbed him by his shirt and punched him in the face. He screamed in pain and fail to the ground holding his nose.

"Megan, we're in a hospital." Kai groans and the second she says that the doctor walks in with Hazel and Avery behind him.

Avery and Hazel see Garrett first causing them to gasp.

"What's going on here?" The doctor asks eyeing Garrett.

"Just a friendly chat." Kai replies.

Garrett slowly gets up from the ground and let's go off his nose.