Chapter 10

Megan's POV

It's been two weeks since I've seen Avery. At first I thought it might have been because she was busy but now I'm totally convinced she's ignoring me.

She has her assistant communicate with me when she wants me to do something. She sends me to meetings but she's never there. I tried texting her and she never responded.

I'm starting to think I scared her because of the fight that happened or maybe I crossed a line. I mean what was I thinking kissing her forehead. I don't have a single ounce of game in me.

Of course I also had to hear my father yelling at me the next day about how rude I was at the event.

Flashback

I knock three times and wait.

"Come in"

"Father, to what do I owe the pleasure of you summoning me?"

"Close the door." He says in a cold tone.

God I'm not ready for all the yelling it's too early.

"What the hell was that last night." He says with a harsh tone.

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Why in gods name were you so formal in front of everyone, are you trying to mess up my business."

"I can't show affection to someone who doesn't deserve it."

"For gods sake Megan you are literally a child, and don't fucking think I didn't hear about the fight that you had at the event what were you thinking." He's full on shouting now.

"Jack was insulting Ms.Bryant, so I was trying to save your stupid fucking business father." I say and start raising my voice too. "What the hell was he doing there anyway?"

"Don't curse at me and that doesn't concern you."

"You are such a disappointment all you do is embarrass this family."

"I don't have time for this stupid stuff you always say the same things over and over, if I'm such a disappointment then stop asking me for help."

I don't wait for him to respond I open the door and leave. I get in my car and start driving. How can someone act like that towards their own child.

End of flashback

Whenever he calls I'm always there to help him and he always has to start some shit up afterwards as if to say you didn't do a good job.

Afterwards I went grocery shopping and it was hell. At first it seems fun to live by yourself until you have to buy groceries and cook for yourself. I can't cook to save my life so I live off of take out.

Anyways It's Friday night now and I'm at the club helping out since Fridays are the busiest nights.

I'm helping Lucy in the back with ordering more drinks when Joe comes in and asks if I can go bartend for a little bit because he needs to talk to the delivery people. Of course I say yes.

The club is packed and the music is really loud, thankfully I've gotten used to the loud music. As I'm mixing the drinks I see two women and a man walking up to sit at the chairs to order drinks. Before I can ask them what they want I get called to the other side of the bar.

I quickly ask the person that called me what I can get them and fix it for them. I go back to ask the two women and the man what they want and I freeze.

"Avery?"

"Megan what are you doing here?" She asks me surprised.

"What are you doing here?" I ask the same thing hoping she will answer first.

"Umm I'm having a night out with my friends." I quickly look at the women and the man she is with. They are both looking at me curiously.

The man is the lawyer that I met that one time but I've never seen the women.

"This is Ethan you've already met him and this is Emma." I nod and shake their hands.

"I'm Megan it's nice to meet you guys."

"So what can I get you guys?" I question.

"You work here?" Avery asks.

"Umm yeah I guess you can say that."

Before she can comment on what I said Joe rounds the corner and comes towards me.

"Alright boss I'm done, you can go do your boss stuff now whatever they are." He says with a smirk. That tells me he somehow knows what is happening and I have no idea how.

I'm going to kill him one of these days for calling me boss. He totally did that on purpose.

"Boss?" Avery's friend Emma questions.

"Yeah boss Megan over here owns the club."

"WHAT?" Avery, Emma and Ethan say at the same time.

"Joe respectfully I am going to kill you if you don't leave In 5 seconds."

"Okay okay sorry." He says and quickly leaves.

I turn around to see the three of them are still in shocked.

"So yeah surprise I guess."

"You own this club? Basically the biggest club in town?" Avery is the first to snap out of her shock state.

"Well I mean don't make it sound that big of a deal but yeah."

"Are you crazy do you know how many people are outside right now waiting to get into your club?" The lawyer Ethan says and looks at me like I'm crazy.

"No is there a lot of people? I feel bad now, I should talk to Joe about that."

"Oh god what planet do you live on you have the best club anyone has ever seen." Emma jumps into the conversation now.

"Why didn't you say something before." Avery asks and I turn to look at her and she's frowning.

"It never came up and plus I don't like to talk about it."

"Why not? I literally wouldn't shut up about it if this was my club." Emma says.

"I don't know I guess it's better when people think of me as that spoiled rich kid who spends daddy's money and doesn't work for a single penny. It takes the attention of my back."

I look to see that now all three of them are frowning.

"And let me add that my father didn't pay me a penny for me to open this club in fact he hasn't payed for anything that I own." I say and can't help but smile because of what I have achieved on my own.

But then I curse myself because I forgot again that this women works with my father.

"Not that he's a bad person or anything, I just like to do stuff on my own." I say and hope that they believe me.

I look over at them and they still look way to shock about this club being mine to even care about the comment I made about my father. I look at Avery and see that she's also looking at me. I really need to talk to her to see why she's been ignoring me.

I have to wait a little bit though until her friends aren't around. First step to doing that is drinks. Maybe they will go on the dance floor with a little alcohol in them hopefully without Avery.

"So what drinks can I get you guys?"