Chapter 18

Megan's POV

We've been sitting in the backyard for 10 minutes and Avery's dad still hasn't said anything. I'm starting to think he's just thinking of different ways he can kill me without getting caught.

I'm literally freezing out here. We're sitting down on the chairs in the backyard. Avery's dad is just looking ahead.

I start shivering because of how cold it is and he turns around and looks at me for a second. Then he turns and looks ahead again.

"I heard about what you did." He finally speaks.

"Pardon me?"

"Kathy told me about you helping Avery with her car and we obviously heard about the Liam situation."

I don't know what to say so I just nod.

"Do you get mad often?" He questions.

"No sir I don't, if I'm being honest I just lose control over situations that involve someone I care about." I reply.

"You know Avery is our only child, when we found out what Liam was doing to her all I wanted to do was get my hands on him." I look down to his hands and see that they are in a fist.

"My daughter didn't deserve to go through that and I won't let her go through it again, I promised myself that I would protect her until the day I die so what I'm getting at is, are you serious about this?" He asks me.

"Mr.Bryant I promise you that I will never lay a finger on Avery and yes I am, she makes me feel so many emotions that I never thought would be possible." I answered.

He turns toward me again "David, call me David." He says and I nod. "You do know that it's not just Avery's heart that would be on the line, Olivia is also a part of this. You need to be a thousand percent sure before you take a further step."

"I can't tell you that I love her because that would be a lie but what I can say is that I want to give her and her beautiful daughter the world." I take a deep breath, "I can't stop thinking about her it's like ever since I met her nothing matters but her."

He doesn't say anything after that which again makes me nervous. After a few seconds he gets up and faces me. I quickly also stand up.

"Take care of them and if you don't no one will find your body." He says casually like he didn't just threaten me and gives me a pat on my shoulder and goes inside.

The second he goes inside I fell back down onto the chair and let out a relief sigh. I really thought I was going to die.

"Are you okay?" I let out a low scream and look to see Avery coming outside.

"Gosh you scared me, I almost got a heart attack." I say and she starts laughing.

"How did it go?" She questions and comes and sits next to me.

I quickly glance at her to see she's looking up at the stars.

"Awesome, I think the percentage of your dad wanting to kill me came down from a 100 to a 90." I answer and give her an innocent smile.

"Oh stop it, he likes you I can tell."

"Really? Because I sure can't." I reply which causes her to playfully hit me.

I turn around and look at her. She's not looking at me so I take a minute to admire how beautiful she is. Her beautiful blonde hair sits perfectly on her shoulders.

I'm in my own thoughts admiring her when those bright blue eyes make eye contact with me. She smiles which makes me realize that she knew I was staring at her.