Chapter 9

Avery's POV

It didn't take long for Megan to come back. We're all sitting at a table now. She's really quiet though. She's barely said a word.

The waitress came around to give us drinks. Megan was the only one that didn't take one.

"You don't drink?" I question her.

"No I don't." She vaguely answers. It bothers me that she's not talking to me like she always does but I pretend that it doesn't.

"So I'm the lawyer if you didn't know." Courtney jumps in.

"I have saved Megan's ass a few hundred times."

"Okay okay it hasn't been that many times." Megan quickly jumps in to defend herself.

"Sure whatever you say Meg, don't forget that Harper and I have been present for everything." Lily says with a smirk and all three of them start laughing.

I look towards Megan and see that she's smiling too which makes me smile.

She turns around and catches me looking at her but I don't look away.

For the third time today I hear someone calling Megan's name which makes us look away from each other.

I turn around to look at a man and women walking towards us. They look about the same age as us.

"Oh my freaking god this night can just not get any better." Megan mumbles with a sarcastic tone.

Before they can reach us courtney quickly grabs Megan's hand to bring her attention to her.

"Meg you better control yourself, remember this is your parent's event and I don't want to bust your ass out of jail."

Before Megan could answer her they both reach us. Harper and lily give Megan a worry look. I have no idea what's happening right now. Which is starting to become a common feeling when I'm around them.

"Well well well look who it is, Megan woods in the flesh." The man says.

"Yup." Megan simply answers, it's obvious that she's trying to control herself.

"Hey Meg, are you done stealing peoples boyfriends now?" The women jumps into the conversation. I turn around to look at Megan with wide eyes and see that Harper is holding her hand tightly.

"Why would I want to steal Mr asshole from you." Megan says with a cold tone that I've never heard from her.

"Who's that? You finally found a bitch to fuck?" The man says pointing at me.

Everything happened so fast. Megan got free of Harpers hand grabbed the man by his neck and hit him on the wall and held him there.

"If you ever call her that again Jack I will make your life a living hell and you know I can do it so don't test me." I'm too shocked to even speak a word.

"Are you fucking crazy let him go." The women says as she's trying to get the man free.

"How dumb can you be Amelia, we were best friends and you chose to believe him, you know damn well Megan didn't do anything for gods sake she's gay." Harper jumps in.

"Harper stop it's not her fault." Megan quickly defends the women.

Courtney walks to Megan and whispers something in her ear and Megan lets go of the man and he falls to the ground.

"Don't ever make me repeat myself Jack." She says and then turns towards me.

"Are you okay, did you get hurt?" She asks me in a concerned tone.