Chapter 43

Avery's POV

It's been a couple of days since I've met Kai, Hazel and Sofia. The three of them are staying with Megan. Olivia and I still go there everyday but we haven't been sleeping over. I still have so many questions and Megan has been answering all of them patiently.

I'm slowly starting to rap my head around everything that has happened in the last couple of days. It's a lot but I love Megan and I'm not going to let this break us.

When Olivia and Sofia met it might have been the cutest thing I've ever seen. They both clicked right away and have been inseparable ever since.

Megan called about an hour ago and her and Garrett are gonna come pick up Olivia and I. Sofia and Olivia wanted to have a pool day.

I'm packing our stuff for the day when I hear the doorbell. I hear my Dad get up and go towards the door. I quickly zip up my bag, grab it and go out my bedroom.

I walk to the front door and my Dad is standing next to Megan and Olivia like always is in her arms.

My Dad pats Megan's shoulder and starts walking to the couch, "It's good to see you again Ms.Woods."

"Likewise." She replies.

It doesn't matter how many time I've asked him to call her by her first name he still doesn't listen.

"Hey sweetheart." I kiss her cheek and she smiles.

"Mommy let's go." Olivia says with excitement ridden all over her house.

I chuckle and quickly say bye to my Dad. Megan takes my bag and we walk to her car.

"Hey Garrett." I wave at him. He's sitting in the back.

He waves back and scoots over. Megan buckles Olivia in and puts our stuff in the trunk. We both get in and she starts driving.

"Cute eyes, I've been thinking and if you're okay with it. Do you want to go to Italy?" She asks.

I glance back at Garrett and see he is too busy talking to Olivia. I bring my attention back to Megan and she glances at me.

"When?" I question.

"I was thinking when Hazel and Kai go back we can go with them. We don't have to stay for long we can just stay a couple of days." She replies and it's obvious she is a little nervous.

I take a deep breath and think about it for a second. There are cons and pros to this.

"Can Olivia come?"

"Of course, I want the both of you to come."

"Umm okay, yeah sure I would love to." I reply after a few seconds.

"Really?" She asks surprised.

"Yeah, I want to see that other side of you too." I answer and she grabs my hand and squeezes.

It doesn't take long for us to get to her house. She parks in front of her house and we all get out. I move to go open the back door and unbuckle Olivia but Megan's facial expression stops me.

"Isn't it too quiet?"

That quickly grabs Garretts attention and she tells him something in Italian. He looks around and tries to look behind the trees. He stares for a few second and then his whole expression changes to something cold.

He quickly reaches for the gun around his waist that's hidden by his shirt. Megan stops him before he can.

"Don't." She whispers, "Where are Hazel and Kai?" She asks him.