Chapter 49

Avery's POV

For the first time since we got to Italy I took my time admiring everything around me. Garrett is driving Hazel and I to her house. He hasn't said a word since he got in the car.

Italy doesn't seem too bad. I just don't like the part that there's three other SUVs following us like we're royalty.

"When Megan comes home we can go see her house too." Hazel says breaking me out of my thoughts.

"Does she live around you and Kai?" I ask

"Of course, Kai basically never lets Megan out of her sight. I was honestly surprised when she was okay with Megan leaving Italy."

I hum. It's interesting how much Kai cares about Megan and it's also interesting how Hazel doesn't even seem a tiny bit jealous about it.

"It's obvious how much Kai cares about Megan." I state.

She glances at Garrett then looks back at me, "Megan is important to all of us. Kai always tells me how our family is the most important thing to her in the world but I know that's with the exception of Megan."

"Doesn't it make you jealous that your wife cares about someone else that much?" I hesitantly ask.

Hazel shakes her head, "Not at all. Megan saved Kai from herself. She was and is the shoulder that Kai feels vulnerable and comfortable to cry on. Without her I don't know how Kai would be. Plus she pushed Kai to get her shit together and be with me."

We both chuckle at the last part, "How did she manage to do that?"

"Let's just say she came up with really creative ways to get us alone together. She owns the law firm after all so she had her ways."

"Do people know she owns the law firm?" I question.

"After the kidnapping people became suspicious so I would say some do and some don't."

I nod, "Can we go see the law firm too when Megan gets better?"

Hazel eyes widen in surprise, "Really? I got the impression that you don't really want to be involved in stuff like this?"

"Megan is my life now and I want to know everything about her. Even the stuff that she doesn't show the world."

Hazel gives me a big smile, "She really loves you, you know? There's this light in her eyes that wasn't there before."

"I know. I love her too, with all my heart." I take a deep breath before confessing what I'm about to say, "I-I'm gonna marry that girl. She's the one."

Hazels eyes light up and she giggles like a child, "Whenever you want to do that you have to give me a call so we can plan the best proposal."

I laugh at her excitement and nod, "We're best friends now aren't we?"

"I knew we were going to be best friends the moment I saw you. Besties for life." She yells that last part and throws her arms around me and hugs me.

"We're here." Garrett says causing us to back away from the hug.

I look outside and wow Megan wasn't kidding when she said they have a mansion.

"Come on, I can't wait to show you the inside." Hazel says and basically drags me out the car.

Garrett follows behind us but not too closely. We walk to the front door and Hazel opens it. The second she does I hear tiny footsteps and a few seconds later I see Olivia and Sofia running towards us.

Sofia reaches us first and I didn't want Hazel to bend down and pick her up so I picked her up and put her in Hazel arms.

Then I look at Olivia and she runs to me and jumps in my arms, "I missed you mommy." She mumbles in my hair.