Chapter 30

Avery's POV

I'm outside of Megan's house right now. I decided to come back a little later so it's about 7pm right now. I can't decide if I should knock or use the key she gave me.

I feel like if I use the key she can't really kick me out but if I knock she can slam the door in my face.

I'm gonna go with the key. I slowly put the key in and open the door.

"Harper if that's you the answer is still no. I'm not buying you a freaking Monkey I don't even think that's legal." I hear Megan yell from the living room. She sounds different.

I slowly walk into the living and see the TV on. Megan hasn't seen me yet. She's laying under a blanket and she has the hood of her hoodie on.

"Hey." I slowly say. Her head snaps to my direction and she has wide eyes. As quickly as she looked at me she looks away.

"What are you doing here?" She asks looking at the TV.

"Can we talk please?" I ask and walk more into the living room.

"That's what I asked before you walked out remember."

"I'm so sorry Megan, I should have stayed. I should have listened to you."

"Well the assault charge is still not my story to tell so you're wasting your time by coming here." She replies and stands up.

"Can you look at me for a second please?" I ask walking closer to her.

She slowly looks up and her eyes are so puffy and red that it breaks my heart.

"Courtney told me everything." I blurt out.

She closes her eyes for a second and when she opens them again I can see tears in them.

"You could have stayed, I would have asked her if I could tell you and I know she would have said yes. You didn't give me time you just walked out on me like I was nothing." She slightly raises her voice and wipes her eyes angrily.

"Well since you also so badly wanted to know where I was that year I was in Italy. Happy now Avery? Tell me you won't have follow up questions. Why is it so hard to understand that I'm not ready to talk about it."

Ouch. I've never heard her call me by my name. It's always been Aves or cute eyes.

"Meg stop." I hear someone say. I look to my right to see a guy standing on top of the stairs. Shirtless and with a towel in his hand.

Megan looks at him and then looks back at me.

"I'm sorry, I'm sick so I'm grumpy." Megan mumbles.

The guy starts walking down the stairs and comes and stands a few feet away from me.

"I would say this is not what it looks like but I'm gay so that should be a justification itself." Megan says.

The guy rolls his eyes and ignores what Megan just said. "You must be Avery."

"Avery meet my my brother Sammy." Megan gestures towards him and he reaches his hand out.

I grab his hand and shake it. Now that I'm looking closely he does have similar features as Megan. His eye color is brighter than Megan's and so is his hair but they still look alike.

"Please just call me Sam, no one calls me Sammy." He says and I nod.

He starts walking towards the couch and sits down. Then he turns around and fully looks at us.

"What are you doing?" Megan asks him.

"Oh nothing I just want to watch you guys argue. I live for the drama." He answers.