Chapter 47

Avery's POV

I feel like a truck hit me. I groan in pain and hold my head then I slowly open my eyes and adjust to the light. From what it looks like I'm in a hospital room.

"Looks who's finally awake." I hear from my right.

I slowly turn my head and see Hazel sitting on a chair. She gives me a warm smile.

"What happened?"

"You passed out from dehydration and lack of sleep. You've been sleep for 2 days."

"2 days? How is that even possible?"

Hazel shrugged her shoulders, "I don't know the doctor gave you fluids so you should be okay now."

I nod and close my eyes for a second. When I open them I sit up on the hospital bed and look around the room.

"You look different." I comment and Hazel raises her eyebrow.

"How?"

"You're smile reaches your eyes."

Her eyes widen and she looks taken back about me knowing the difference between her smiles. She does look different though. She looks happier.

"How's Megan?" I ask.

Her smile grows bigger and I tilt my head looking at her confused.

Hazel stands up and comes towards the bed, "she's awake. She wanted to come see you but the doctors wouldn't let her."

The second I hear those words I quickly get up from the bed and take out the IV from my arm. The sudden movement makes me dizzy so I hold my head.

"Whoa easy." Hazel says holding my arm. I get out of her hold and go out the door and start going towards Megan's room. When I reach her room the door is open but I'm not in middle of the doorway so no one inside can see me. My heart stops when I hear her voice.

"Can I please have a strawberry milkshake?"

I slowly take a peak in and see that she's talking to a nurse. I put my hand on my mouth to muffle my crys.

"No." The nurse simply answered.

"Why?" She whines, "there's strawberries in the milkshake that's proteins or whatever.

"For the millionth time you can't have anything in case we need to do an emergency surgery." The nurse answered visibly annoyed.

Megan still hasn't noticed me. So I take this moment to admire her.

"Are you new here? You must be. Last time I was here I was allowed to have a strawberry milkshake."

The nurse just ignores her and doesn't answer.

Megan whines again, "You're a mean nurse, first you don't let me see my girlfriend and now I can't have a strawberry milkshake."

The nursed rolled her eyes, "You're annoying."

"Thank you. You know strawberry milkshakes used to be the love of my life but that changed when I met my girlfriend."

The nurse stops talking to her again and starts moving around the room.

"I'm board. Can I keep the bullets you took out of me? It would be cool to have them, I want to frame them. Not that I liked getting shot or anything but still it would be cool."

"You're extremely annoying."

Megan ignores her and continues talking, "Have you heard the joke about camping and sex?" She asks.