Chapter 7

Megan's POV

Obviously I couldn't say no so I'm sitting in her living room right now as she's bringing me cookies.

"Sorry Avery is taking a shower I'm sure she'll be out soon."

"No worries, please Mrs.Bryant sit down you don't need to bring me anything."

"Oh please call me Kathy, so how do you know my daughter."

"Umm well she's helping my parents with some stuff and technically I'm working under her so you can say she's my boss."

"Oh with the school right." I nod.

"Mom I heard the door who was it." I turn around to find the source of the voice and I'm literally frozen in time.

Avery is standing by the hallway next to their kitchen and her hair is wet she's holding a towel in her hand and her blue eyes look the brightest.

"Oh Ms.Woods, sorry did I keep you waiting."

"Megan please and not at all your mom invited me in." Avery nods and starts walking towards me but before she could reach me her mom starts speaking again.

"So what did you study in college Megan?" I have to quickly shake my head to not let my mind wonder to Avery and her wet blonde hair. I can smell her shampoo from here it's a mixture of lavender and vanilla.

I'm not sure why her mom is asking me that but I answer anyway.

"Business management but a year after I graduated I went back and studied criminal justice too."

"Oh wow that's amazing, your parents must be so proud." Before I could answer her Avery jumps in to the conversation.

"Ok mom that's enough with the questions." I thank god that she saved me from having to respond to that.

"Okay so umm I did something and you can totally be mad at me for doing it." I say and turn to look at a confusing Avery.

"I changed all of the tires and your breaks needed changing too so the mechanic changed your breaks too and I also took your car to a car wash." I say as I'm fidgeting in my spot. Avery looks shocked.

"You did what, why would you do that?"

"I'm sorry I was already there so might as well changed all four."

"How much was it I can pay you back."

"Mmm I don't know I can't remember all of a sudden."

"Don't be ridiculous how much was it?"

I ignore her question and turn to Kathy.

"Kathy it was really nice meeting you, you have a beautiful home."

"Likewise and thank you so much for everything, when my husband comes back from his business trip we'll invite you to dinner to thank you properly." I just simply nod and smile.

I turn back to see that Avery is still looking shocked.

"Is Olivia sleeping?"

"Yeah she was really tired, she wouldn't get out of your car." She informs me with a chuckle. "I had to drag her out."

"Well she can ride in it anytime she wants, I really should get going though I have paperwork at home that I need to do."

Kathy gives me a hug and Avery walks me out and gives me my car keys and I give hers back too. She opens the door and I get out and turn around and we're both looking at each other for a second.

I don't know what came over me but I went to touch her shoulder and she flinches so hard it scares me.

"I'm so so sorry I didn't mean to scare you."