Chapter 42

Megan's POV

I look at Avery one last time before closing my bedroom door and going towards my mini gym. I can already tell Kai is in there because the door is open.

I open the door further and step in. Kai isn't facing me but when she hears the door she drops the weights in her hands and faces me.

"You're on time for once." She states and I roll my eyes.

"I didn't want you to barge into my room and wake up Avery."

"She didn't leave?"

"No she didn't but she said we'll talk about it today." I answer and move the weights she dropped out of the way.

On cue she starts circling me and I groan.

"You know we don't have to fight we can just workout together." I say.

"What's the fun in that?" She asks and punches my stomach so hard that it knocks the wind out of me. I fall to my knees and hold my stomach.

"I wasn't ready." I choke out trying to catch my breath.

"You have to always be ready and that was kind of payback for not visiting for 5 months." She replies.

I quickly get back on my feet and ignore the pain. We start circling each other and Kai has a smirk on her face and that tells me that I'll probably leave this room with many bruises.

I can take on anyone except Kai. Sometimes I think she trained me that way so she's the only one that I will always lose to.

"When is Sofia coming?" I ask and throw a punch but she dodges.

"In 30 minutes or so." She answers and before I can comprehend what's happening she has me in a chock hold.

I quickly use my hand to grab her arms and pull down in order to relieve some pressure.

"You're rusty." She mumbles.

I hate when she uses that word. I let go of her arms and elbow her hard in the ribs and she lets go coughing.

"Maybe but I can still take you on." I say and her smirk grows wider. I lunge toward her and she falls to the ground with me on top of her.

She looks surprised but that doesn't last long she uses her legs and locks them with mine and flips us.

"Don't forget angioletto I trained you so I know all your weaknesses."

"I've missed seeing you two train together." I hear Hazel. Kai and I both pause and turn our heads to the direction of the door.

Avery and Hazel are both standing by the door. Avery is slightly smiling and Hazels eyes are fixed on Kai.

Hazel has seen us train many times before so Kai hovering over me is not something new to her but Avery hasn't so I quickly nudge Kai's shoulder.

She looks back at me and slowly gets up from top of me. She helps me get up and we both fix our clothes and just stand next to each other.

"Why is Hazel looking at you like that?" I ask in a whisper.

"Like what?"

"Like she's about to kill you."

"I told her I'll get her ice cream first thing in the morning and I didn't." She replies and I can't contain my laugh.

"Hazey I will go get you ice cream in a little bit." I tell her while laughing. She nods and goes towards Kai.

"To be fair love I thought you wouldn't wake up for another few hours." Kai says.