Chapter 27

Avery's POV

One month later

Everything's been great between Megan and I. Ever since the party I feel more closer to her. I would have never been able to face Liam again and look him in the eye if it wasn't for her.

At the party I just knew that she wouldn't let Liam even look at me the wrong way. She makes me feel safe.

I thought with what her dad said at the party she would want to talk to him but she said she's not ready yet.

I'm at her house right now, she's working and I'm watching tv. In the middle of the movie I get a text from Emma and Ethan.

"Emma and Ethan want to go get coffee in 15 minutes." I tell Megan.

She looks up from her laptop and smiles at me.

"That sounds like fun."

"Is it okay if I go?" I ask nervously.

She slightly closes her laptop and frowns at me. "Cute eyes you can do whatever you want, you don't have to ask me." She says.

Every time I wanted to go out Liam made me ask him so I still feel like I have to do the same.

I smile at her and nod. She opens her laptop again and I get up to gather my stuff.

"I didn't know owning a club meant having so much paperwork."

"Yeah me either and it's not all for the club." She says.

"What do you mean not all for the club?" I ask as I grab my purse from the kitchen table.

"I'm just going over all my financial stuff." She answers and I nod.

"Alright, I'll head out now."

She gets up from the couch and walks towards me.

"Be safe and call me if you need anything." I smile at her and give her a quick kiss.

Then I leave and get in my car. The drive to the coffee shop is about 5 minutes so I get there just in time.

I walk in to see my two best friends already seated. I walk towards them and when they see me they stand up and give me a hug.

"So how's it going between you and Megan?" Emma asks as I sit down.

"Great, everything is going amazing." I tell her.

"You guys are so freaking lucky, I'm jealous." Ethan says.

"Aww it's okay you'll find someone too." Emma replies.

I order my coffee and we start updating each other with our lives. We're in a middle of a conversation when I feel someone tap my shoulder.

I turn around and I'm met with Amelia Megan's ex best friend.

"Can I help you?" I ask.

"We need to talk." She says. I look back towards my friends and they're shaking their heads no.

"Sorry, I can't right now."

"It's urgent please it won't take long."

What could she want to talk about? We don't even know each other. I sigh and get up. She walks us outside of the coffee shop.

"Do you even know who you're dating?" She asks the second we step outside.

I frown and I'm already getting annoyed, "I don't understand the question."

"You don't even know who Megan is, hell I don't even know and I've know her longer that you have."

"I know that she's a good person." I answer.