Chapter 8

Avery's POV

It's about 7:00pm right now and I'm starting to get ready for the event. A certain women keeps crossing my mind. At first glance you would think her eyes are black but when you look closely the outline is black but the inside is dark brown.

When she bumped into me I was annoyed. I hate when people don't look at where they are going.

I was shocked when she walked into the meeting room. Her outfit was so casual. It's weird honestly because the other times I've seen her she was very well dressed but that day it looked like someone had dragged her out of bed.

There's something about her. The way she interacts with my daughter makes my heart melt. She's always so calm. Her voice is always so relaxing. I'm not sure if she even realized it or not but when she was trying to comfort me about driving her car she called me cute eyes. That simple gesture made my heart feel like it's going to explode.

My thoughts are interrupted when I hear my bedroom door opening.

"When are you gonna be home?" My mom asks me as she walks in.

"Not sure mom hopefully it won't take that long." She nods and sit down on the bed.

"Is Olivia taking a nap?"

"Yeah I just put her down."

"So what's up with you and Megan?" She questions. I turn around from the mirror where I'm doing my makeup and look at her.

"What do you mean? We're just working together."

"Nothing she just seems like a really nice person and she seems to like you plus I think she might be rich."

"She doesn't like me mom and of course she's rich her parents are big deals and they probably pay her a lot."

"Who in their right mind gives their Porsche to someone else to drive, she definitely likes you." She totally ignored the part where I told her why she might be rich. She chooses what to listen to and what not to.

"She was just being kind mom."

"Whatever you say honey." She takes a deep breath. "Avery you know that whatever happened wasn't your fault you're allowed to love again."

"I know it's just hard sometimes, I think I'm over it but other times it feels like it was just yesterday."

"Honey, come here." She says and opens her arms to hug me.

"I love you don't ever forget that and I'm always here for you."

"I love you too mom."

After talking for a bit more she leaves and I start to put my dress on it's about 8:15pm. Megan should be here soon.

I'm wearing an off shoulder red dress that comes down to my knees. I'm matching it off with red heels.

I take my purse and my phone and make sure I have everything before I go out of my room. I play with Olivia until I hear the door. My mom opens the door and the second Olivia hears Megan's voice she jumps up from my lap and runs towards the door.

"Mevg mevg, you came bak."

"Hey sweetie, of course I did and look at what I brought you."

I look behind her to see a big teddy bear. Olivia starts squealing and grabs the teddy bear with my moms help and runs to the living room.

"You didn't have to get her anything."

"I wanted to, her smile makes it worth it."

I nod and take a look at her. She's wearing a black solid lapel collar blazer & tailored pants with black heels. We're both staring at each and I quickly clear my throat so I can snap out of it.