Chapter 25

Megan's POV

"Are you in love with her?" Courtney asks while she's casually sitting on my bed.

"Why are you here again? I'm trying to get ready and you're bothering me." I yell from the bathroom since I'm taking a shower.

"Are you?" She asks again.

"What makes you think I am?"

"You bought a car seat and who buys someone a Tiffany and Co bracelet when you're not even dating."

"Two bracelets I got one for Olivia too." I inform her.

"You really like her don't you?"

I don't answer her. I step out of the shower and change in the bathroom. Then I open the bathroom door which causes her to look at me.

"So much, I can't describe how she makes me feel. Everything seems more colorful since I've met her. The sun feels a little warmer. I pay more attention to my surroundings."

Courtney gives me a big smile.

"I don't want to work late anymore, it's like every second of everyday I'm thinking about her and her daughter." I add.

Courtney gets up from the bed and comes towards me.

"I'm really happy for you, you deserve this." She says and gives me a hug.

She steps back and looks down.

"You know you never told me how you got those scars." She points at my stomach and I look down.

Since I'm wearing a crop top you can clearly see some of the scars.

"Here you go again with the questions."

"What happened to you in that year? Where did you go?" She questions.

Every once in a while Courtney starts asking these questions again. Even though I've been back a few years they still have no idea about anything that happened during that year.

"Courtney please, now's not the time. I have to get ready."

She sighs and makes eye contact with me, "I'm sorry it's my fau—"

"No it's not end of conversation, I don't regret a single thing." I say and she nods.

Maybe one day I'll tell her. Maybe I can even tell Avery.

"Alright I'm gonna go home, text the group chat once you've asked her."

"Do you think she's gonna say no?" I ask.

"Of course not, I can't believe you're gonna finally have a girlfriend." She says and smirks at me.

"Okay okay off you go."

She laughs and starts going out the door. A few seconds later I hear my front door opening and closing.

I grab something causal from my closet and quickly change. I go downstairs and grab the car seat that I got for Olivia and go towards my car.

I put it inside my car and get in. I text Avery that I'm on my way and start driving.

Now that Courtney has mentioned the year I was gone I'm even more nervous now. If I really want this to workout I have to tell Avery.

I get lost in my own thoughts and before I know it I'm outside of her house. I take a deep breath and get rid of the thoughts. I'm not going to ruin tonight.

I get out and knock on the door. I really hope her dad doesn't open the door. He scares the hell out of me.

The door opens and a body flies towards me. I quickly kneel and Olivia jumps in my arms.