Chapter 50

Megan's POV

I'm being released from the hospital today. I've started to use the crutches but I can't go long distances since my back starts hurting.

I somehow convinced Avery not to come to the hospital today. I'm going to Hazel and Kai's house anyway so it would have been pointless for her to come. Plus she needs to rest she's been under a lot of stress.

"I have to tell you something." I hear Kai say as she's putting my wheelchair in the trunk of the car.

"What?"

She moves around and gets in the car and starts going to the direction of their house.

"Your friends are here."

I look at her confused and she glances at me before looking back to the road again.

"Your three best friends and your brother are here."

I look at her in horror, "You brought them here? Are you crazy? They're going to kill me."

Sam at least knew a little about this but the other three didn't so they're for sure going to be mad.

"I had people go and tell them everything. Apparently your friend Harper thought it was cool that you're in a mafia."

"Of course she did. What about Courtney and Lily?" I ask.

"Ummm don't worry about it. They're already at the house and can't wait to see you again." She replies

I roll my eyes, "You're gonna get me killed."

"You'll be fine. You almost died I'm sure they'll go easy on you."

If she thinks they're gonna go easy one me she doesn't know them. The rest of the car ride is silent until we get to their house.

"Stay here let me get your wheelchair."

I shake my head and grab her arm before she can leave, "Give me the crutches, I don't want Olivia to think the worst."

"Are you sure? You can barely walk with the crutches."

"I'm sure."

She nods and goes out the car. She grabs my crutches from the trunk and opens my door. I turn my body and she helps me get out the car.

"You know you could use those big muscles that you have and just carry me inside."

She chuckles, "I don't think your girlfriend will like that."

I roll my eyes but she's right. Avery is still not used to seeing how close Kai and I are. I grab the crutches and groan in pain. My back burns every time I use the crutches.

Kai gives me a worry look and I just smile at her, "I'm fine, come on they're waiting."

I start moving the crutches slowly and try to not make any noises indicating that I'm in pain because Kai will make me take the wheelchair. She walks at my pace until we reach the door.

She knocks and we wait. Not even two seconds later the front door flies open and Harper is smiling at me from ear to ear.

"Do you have a gun?" She asks. I laugh and shake my head at her excitement.

"I almost died and you only care about if I have a gun or not?"

She shrugs her shoulder, "I'm just curious."

She moves aside and with the help of Kai and I step inside.

"Where's everyone else?" I question.

"They're sitting in the living room."