Chapter 22

Avery's POV

I know I'm asking for a lot. She's only known me for like 2 months now. After all we're not even officially together so it's fair if she says no.

She is silent for a second taking in what I had just said. She closes her eyes and takes a deep breath. When she opens them I see something new in her eyes. I can't tell what it is though.

"For you Avery Bryant, yes I will, I promise."

I can't help but smile and hold her hands and give them a tight squeeze.

"Why did you stop going in the first place?" I ask.

"I don't know, I just didn't feel the need to anymore." She answers and I can't help but grin at her.

"Did I have something to do with that?" I ask with a smirk.

"Mmm I don't know maybe." She says and also smirks back.

I leg go off her and grab her face and kiss her. She hesitates to kiss me back but after a few seconds gives in. The kiss is slow and gentle and there's so much emotions into it.

We pull back and I grab her hand again.

"Lets go downstairs before the children do something to catch your house on fire." I say.

"Oh and put an ice pack on your face and apologize to your friends." I add.

"What?? They should be the ones apologizing." She says and looks at me.

I glare at her and she scoffs. She stumps her foot and mumbles an okay.

We go downstairs and see that everyone is playing monopoly and yelling at each other.

They quickly stop and look at us.

"Ethan you're sleeping on the couch tonight." I say and everyone smirks at me.

These people and their dirty minds. We're just going to sleep that's it.

"They're staying the night?" Megan asks in a whisper next to me. I roll my eyes and she gives me a innocent smile.

She takes my hand and we go to the kitchen. She grabs an ice pack and puts in on her face and sits on the counter.

I move closer to her and stand in front of her. As much as I want to stand between her legs I don't.

"So Emma and Harper." I say and she starts laughing.

"Your friend is in for the ride of her life." Megan says.

"They're cute, I'm sure Emma can handle it."

"Whatever you say baby."

Before I can tease her about calling me baby from the corner of my eye I see Courtney, Lily and Harper walking in. I turn around to see them standing a few feet away from us.

I back away from Megan a little so they can be face to face. They're not saying anything though.

Her three best friends have guilty expressions on their faces so it's obvious that they regret what happened.

Courtney is the first to speak.

"Megan I'm really so—"

"You three." Megan says pointing a finger at them and cutting Courtney off. "You guys owe me three strawberry milkshakes." Megan informs them.

They look at her for a second and then give her a small smile. Harper walks towards Megan and gives her a hug and the other two follow after.

"We love you." Lily says and Courtney and Harper nod.