Chapter 14

Avery's POV

"Emma and I can share a room." Harper quickly says. I guess those two hit it off.

"Courtney and I can also share a room." Lily says.

That leaves Ethan and I but she said two extra rooms so where would we sleep?

"Umm alright okay Ethan and Avery can share my room and I'll sleep on the couch out here."

"No no it's okay I can sleep on the couch and you and Avery can share a room." Ethan says and that makes me extremely nervous.

"No it's okay the heater doesn't work out here so it's gonna be really cold." Megan says.

"Can I just speak to Avery before you guys sleep?" She questions and I nod.

Everyone starts leaving and going towards their room and it's just Megan and I now. We both sit down on the couch and look at each other. I always seem to get lost in her eyes.

I went to go grab her hand but she hisses and slowly pulls away. I look down to see her knuckles are super red and bruised.

"Do you have an ice pack?" I ask her.

"Yeah I do but I'm okay we can talk."

"No let's go get you an ice pack we can talk in the kitchen." She slowly nods and we start walking towards the kitchen.

When we get there I sit at the dining table and she grabs the ice pack and goes and sits on the counter.

"I'm sorry." Megan says.

I'm not sure what she's apologizing for.

"What for?"

"For scaring you at the club."

"You didn't." I say.

"But at the precinct you said I did." She says and I look at her to see she's slightly pouting. Cute.

"I meant that I was scared you were going to go to jail." I say.

We're silent after that looking at each other again.

"You deserve to know the story and I'm going to tell you but before I do promise me that you won't do anything crazy, you seem to lose control over some situations." I say.

She looks at me and I can tell she's having a difficult time promising.

"I promise."

I take a deep breath and start the story.

"Liam and I dated for about two years, he was so amazing at first. He was so gentle he cared about my interest, I thought he was the perfect guy until he showed his true self."

I pause for a second to look at Megan and her hands are in a fist and she's clenching her jaw.

"At first it started as just yelling and throwing things around. Then it was punching the wall when the wall wasn't good enough he moved on to me. Then he started forcing himself on me. I thought I was in love. For the longest time I was scared to leave him or say anything until Emma saw my bruises and made me tell her everything."

A noise makes me pause and I look at Megan's hands and see the ice pack is broken. How do you even break an ice pack?

"Sorry." She mumbles and gets off the counter to clean it up.

I continue while watching her clean it up.

"She got my parents involved and they helped me leave him. Before you ask no Olivia is not his. I'm not proud of this but I was in a bad place after I left him and slept around a lot. Olivia was conceived one of those nights, the guy told me he doesn't want anything to do with her and left. I love Olivia though I don't regret a single thing, she saved my life." I say and take a deep breath.

Silence falls around us after I'm done explaining the story.

"My parents and I don't have a good relationship." Megan says out of nowhere which surprises me a little bit.

"When I came out to my parents they didn't take it well, my mom didn't mind but my dad freaked out and now we only talk if it's about business situations." She says.

Even though I work with her parents she's telling me all of this. It's probably because she doesn't want me to feel like the only vulnerable one.

"My brother left too he helps with the business but after my parents kicked me out he said he doesn't want to live with them and so he's traveling around now." She adds.

"We're two damaged people aren't we?" I say with a chuckle.

She starts laughing "I guess we are."

"You should go to sleep." She says after a few seconds. "Are you comfortable sleeping in the same room as Ethan?" She questions and I feel a sense of jealousy coming off her.

"He's gay." I simply say and laugh a little bit.

"Oh umm good, my bedroom is upstairs the first door to the right." She says and I nod.

"Thank you, for everything." I say looking directly in her eyes.

"Anytime cute eyes."

I start getting ready to leave the kitchen and she does the same but before we do I realized something."

"Meg."

"Yeah."

"I don't have any comfortable clothes."I say.

"Oh umm take anything you need from my closet." She says and starts waking towards me.

I nod and now we're both staring at each other again.

I look down at her lips and I can't help but want to touch them so I do. I slowly raise my hand and trace her sharp jawline to her lips and I leave my thump on her upper lip.

"Can I kiss you?" Megan asks and it takes me off guard for a second. Not because she wants to kiss me but because mostly no one ever asks.

"Please." I say.

That was enough for her, she pushes me against the kitchen counter and smashes her lips on mine. I feel like everything around us stopped. My heart was pounding in my chest. She settles a slow pace like she doesn't want to rush anything. Her lips are warm and soft.

She hesitates to put her hands on my hips so I take her hand and guide it there. I lick her bottom lip asking for entrance and she happily parts her lips for me. When our tongues touched I couldn't suppress a moan which causes Megan to hold my hips a little tighter.

I grab her face and pull her into me to deepen the kiss. When the need for air got too much she pulls away and starts kissing all over my neck.

Things are getting a little too heated so I grab her face and peck her lips to slow things down.

"Sorry didn't mean to go that far." She says while looking at me.

I shake my head "you didn't" I say breathless.

"You should sleep it's getting late." She says and I nod but we're both not moving.

Megan slowly backs up and I can see her lips are a little swollen. I peck her cheek and slowly walk out the kitchen.

"Night Meg see you in the morning."

"Goodnight Aves." She says and my heart melts at the nickname.

She seems too shocked about what happened to move from the kitchen so I just leave her there.

One simple kiss and I feel like I'm addicted to her.