Chapter 3

Megan's POV

After arguing with my father for 30 minutes on why he makes decisions for me without involving me I finally skip out of the school and don't even look back.

It might be hard to believe but my father and I actually had a good relationship but when I came out it's like I suddenly wasn't his daughter anymore. I've moved past it but it still hurts from time to time.

I can't help but be proud of them though. They came from nothing and now they are going to be opening their fourth school.

I call Joe my bartender and club manager and told him I'm on way to the club to check on some things. The club is the only thing that truly makes me happy right now. It's located right in the middle of town and it's actually quite popular.

I park my car and walk in. The club is open every day except sundays. The actual partying happens on Thursday,Friday and, Saturday nights though. I walk in and see joe setting up drinks behind the bar. The club doesn't open until 6pm and it's currently 3pm.

"Hey Joe what's up, where's everybody else?" I ask him and he turns around and smiles at me.

"Hey boss, delivery trucks are gonna be here in a few minutes so they're at back waiting." He says.

"Joe how many times do I have to tell you not to call me boss everyone now calls me that because of you."

"Sorry boss I can't help t it." He says and starts chuckling. He always messes around with me and finds it hilarious. I just roll my eyes and go sit down at one of the seats at the bar.

"How are things going?" I ask.

"Everything is going great everyone is on task and doing everything they are supposed to be doing." He informs me as he's getting me water.

It's funny to say this but I have a club and I don't drink. I'm not the drinking type.

"Thank you Joe you always take great care of this place."

"Anything for you Megan you saved my life it's the least I could do."

"I didn't do anything Joe that was all you." I tell him as I drink my water.

Just as he's about to say something Lucy walks in. She's one of the waitresses at the club.

"Boss long time no see," she comments as she's walking towards us.

"It's been two days" I say and start laughing.

"Joe here is working our asses off." She adds.

"That's why I leave him in charge." I say and continue laughing and winking at Joe. He's gay so he won't take it the wrong way. We're always play flirting around each other.

"Alrighty then I'm gonna go help out back with the trucks." Lucy says and then walks out the door.

I'm usually at the club until 3 or 4 am. I try to stay and help out even though I don't really need to I have some great people in charge. Today though I just feel like going home and just watching a movie or something. My father ruined my whole day.

I sigh and I stare at my water and from the corner of my eye I can see Joe watching me.

"What's up?" He asks.

"My father summoned me today and apparently he wants to open another school and do some other stuff. He made me part of the project without even asking."

"What the fuck, a new school? Since when?" I look up and see him looking at me with wide eyes

"I literally just found out today in the meeting, that means I won't be able to be around here much, I'll still try to come around but it might be at different hours." I say. I can't even look him in the eye I feel bad. This is my club and I'm dumping it on someone else.

"Meg you know I've always got your back, you don't have to worry about a single thing I'll take care of the club." He informs me.

"Joe you have no idea how much that means to me, it will only be for a little bit plus I'm gonna be working under someone else I have a boss now" I add with a hint of annoyance and a tiny bit of a smile because of the blue eye women.

"A boss?" He questions. "Wow I did not see that coming."

"Me either" I mumble.

"Don't worry about anything boss I'll handle everything."

"I should really give you a raise" I say and we both start laughing.

"Alright get back to work, I'm not gonna come back tonight I just need to lay down on my bed and don't do anything".

"Roger that"

Before I could stand up and get ready to leave Joe turns around and causally asks "are you gonna go race, you look like you're gonna go race."

"As much as I want to they're on a break, races start again on Friday."

"You should really stop, it's dangerous and you know it, you could seriously get hurt." He says with a serious tone.

"I know" I sigh. "Every time I try to stop my father goes and does something and I don't know races make me calm down."

He looks over at me and I can see he's concern, everybody always is. All the people that know about the racing don't approve of it. It's the only thing in my life that they don't approve of.

"Just be carful please." He looks at me with pleading eyes.

"I always am." I reply as I finish my water and get up from the sit.

"I have to go now but as always you can call me anytime for anything." I inform him and he just nods.

I grab my stuff and head for the door. When I step outside I see the truck driver getting boxes out and everyone is help them bring the stuff inside. I smile at them and give them a wave before I head towards my car.

I really need this day to be over with. All I can think about is this stupid project and in the back of my mind those bright blue eyes.

I'm really glad courtney is a lawyer because god knows what will happen with this stupid project. I might just kill somebody.