Chapter 35

Megan's POV

It's been a few days since Harpers birthday. My dad called this morning and asked to see me. I haven't seen him since the event so I said yes.

I grab my car keys and open my front door. I walk to my car and when I go to get in I hear noises behind me.

"Garrett I saw you the moment I stepped out." I say still facing my car.

I've known Garrett for a few years now. Since Italy. When I left he came back with me. Even though he's only four years older than me he acts like he's much older and he always has a serious face.

He takes his job seriously and he might never admit this but I know he has a soft spot for me.

"Did you now?" He asks.

I turn around to face him and he's walking towards me.

"I learned from the best what do you expect." I reply which he already knows I did. The night of Harpers party when I held two finger up to him that was a signal to be extra alert of everything. Of course now I have to tell him why.

"Get in, we can talk until we get to my parents house." He nods and goes to other side and gets in.

I also get in and start the car. I drive to the main road and try to gather my thoughts on what I'm going to say.

"I want two bodyguards on everyone and I mean everyone."

"Is this about that Jack dude? You seem on edge." He asks.

"I just have this uneasy feeling. I know everyone has one bodyguard as of right now but I want to be safe."

We reach a red light and I look at him. We made eye contact and those piercing green eyes soften.

"Okay boss, I'll make it happen by tomorrow."

I look forward again and the light turns green.

"Should I call K-"

"No don't call her." I quickly interrupt.

I glance at him to see that he has his serious face on again.

"She sent me with you to protect you and If you're in danger I have to tell her."

"We've been back like four years and you still can't admit that you wanted to come. She didn't force you, you were just going to miss seeing me." I give him a playful smile and look back to the road.

From the corner of my eyes I can see that he rolled his eyes.

"Don't tell her please, if you do she'll come here and she's already on my ass about not visiting."

"What's so bad about her coming here she'll bring H-"

"Stop saying their names, they both have a habit of showing up when you say their names." I interrupt again.

"Garrett you follow me like a hawk 19 hours a day you know why they can't come here. No one here knows."

"But they've been here before so I don't see the difference." He says.

"I haven't been to Italy in three months. Three months which means when they come here a certain someone will probably try to kill me for not visiting every month."

"You're dramatic but she will probably smack you." He says and slightly laughs.

"You know you work for me so I shouldn't even be begging you not to call her."

"You're like my second boss and plus if something happens to you she will probably kill me so I like to be safe rather than sorry."

I so badly wanted to say that you don't care about her killing you, you're just gonna be sad if something happens to me so you're trying to prevent that. He denies it everyday but I saw him cry when I was in the hospital.