Meeting Uryoku Chono

"Who is ready for another Très Bien trick by me? Master illusionist! Uryoku Chono! Hey, Pink-haired and smiles! Join the fun" Chono said to Kusuo and (Y/n). "I'll do a trick to put a smile on that face," Chrono said to Kusuo, since (Y/n) is already smiling, "no thanks, already seen it," Kusuo said blandly, "come on Kusuo, don't be so glum! Let's watch" (Y/n) said excitedly.

"Alright, fine, I'll watch, just so he leaves us alone," Kusuo said as an excuse, causing them to walk towards the crowd to watch the show. "Right! I hold here an ordinary cardboard box!" Chono said, while holding up a box, 'nope, there is nothing ordinary about it' Kusuo thought, not wanting to ruin the show for (Y/n).

"As you can see, it's empty inside," Chrono said, opening the lid of the box at a weird angle, showing it's empty. 'At that angle, they can't tell there's a partition' Kusuo critiqued in his thoughts. "But watch! Just a couple of taps, and it's party time! Aren't they amazing, folks?!" Chrono said happily as he released the doves.

The crowd started clapping, except for Kusuo and (Y/n), "hey there kid! Très Bien! Am I right?" Chrono said while pointing towards Kusuo. "It's not Très Bien, if anything I'm worried about that dove," Kusuo said, only to be ignored by Chrono. "An now! Ladies and gentlemen! Please turn your attention here! For the main event of our show! My, super illusion! " Chrono said, with two boxes behind him.

"Magically teleporting from one box to another, will be my lovely assistant Michael!" Chrono said, snapping his figures, and bringing in a homeless person. 'That's lovely? That human smells' (Y/n) thought with a scrunch of her nose, "the beautiful Michael is entering the box! And drumroll!" Chrono said as he started making drumroll sounds.

"This is so sad... What expression am I supposed to be making right now?" Kusuo asked, particularly no one. "La la la!" Chrono said, finishing off his drumroll while tossing out some confetti. "His overconfidence makes me cringe," Kusuo said, not admitting that he only liked it when (Y/n) is overconfident because she has some style, while Chrono doesn't.

"Don't be such a downer, at least he is trying" (Y/n) said, while secretly waiting for the human's failure. "Sorry, I am also still worried about this little guy, does that hat have air holes?" Kusuo asked randomly, confusing (Y/n). "Alright, let's open the box!" Chrono said, ready to open the box.

'Uh-oh, lovely Mike isn't done teleporting yet' Kusuo thought, already seeing Chrono's failure. "3... 2... 1! IT'S PARTY TIME! Très Bien!" Chrono shouted as Michael gets out from under the table. "Now I really don't know what sort of expression to make," Kusuo said, while everyone else left in disappointment.

Chrono turns towards "lovely" Mike with a shocked expression, "yeah, that one seems appropriate" Kusuo said. Now they are watching Chrono arguing with the homeless man, (Y/n) is still smiling, but it's in amusement. "Huh? Hey! Why are you two hanging around?" Chrono asked the two.

Kusuo just casually pointed to his head, "Oh? You want to give me a tip?" Chrono assumed but chuckled. "I could never take money from a kid! A look of joy on your face is... PICOOOOO!!!" Chrono shouted. Thankfully, the dove was alright, and Chrono is gently petting his pet dove.

'How can you forget you have a bird on your head?' (Y/n) thought, quite confused on that logic. "So, you weren't trying to tip me, you were trying to remind me, wait does that mean... That you're a magician? That's how you knew she was up there!" Chrono quickly assumed.

"I should've kept walking," Kusuo thought in annoyance, "with instincts that good, you must've hated my show, maybe I'm not cut out for the magician game after all" Chrono said sadly. "Now friend! Don't be so glum! I found your show amusing!" (Y/n) said happily. "Wait, really?" Chrono asked, thinking it is a good thing, "wait... Really?" Kusuo asked skeptically. "Indeed! Why I haven't been that entertained since the stock market crash of 1929! Hahaha!" (Y/n) said with a laugh, making Chrono pale, and Kusuo glare at her.

"Crash?" Chrono asked, "why yes! I read about it on paper! It sounded so hilarious, so many orphans..." (Y/n) said with a sigh, quickly coming up with a lie. "My magic was that bad?!" Chrono concluded, making him sigh in sadness, "well, only a few months ago, I was just your average office drone" Chrono started.

'Is he talking about his life backstory? Maybe we should walk away while he flashbacks' (Y/n) thought, while Kusuo silently agreed. "Then it dawned on me, I should become an illusionist! Yeah!" Chrono said, making both Kusuo and (Y/n) confused. "Because so many things vanished from my life, I thought it must mean that disappearing them was my talent!" Chrono said.

"His only talent is self-delusion," Kusuo said harshly, but truthfully, but Chrono ignored him. "Even though I've been offered another office job, I turned it down to start my new life! Doing street magic!" Chrono said with determination. 'What...' Both (Y/n) and Kusuo thought, now concluding that the human is dumb.

"Then I wonder if I chose the wrong path," Chrono said sadly, "I hate to be the barrier of bad news, but you indeed picked the wrong path" (Y/n) said bluntly. "So quite street magic, and get a real job," Kusuo said, giving Chrono some good advice, but Chrono ignored them both.

"Sorry, didn't mean to get so gloomy," Chrono said happily, apparently not giving up on his dream. 'He reminds me of Charlie, never give up even if you fail, how... Annoying' (Y/n) thought with a slight grimace, not wanting 2 Charlies. "Hm?" (Y/n) questioned as Kusuo takes off his bag to do a trick.

"Going to pull something out of your bag?" Chrono asked a bit sarcastically, not expecting Kusuo to do anything well. Kusuo made a strange face while focusing on the bag, hoping to make Chrono give up. "You're going to pull out... A dove! Well, I'll have you know, that I can do a bowling ball" Chrono said, boasting about his own skills.

Suddenly, Kusuo started pulling out "lovely" Mike from the bag, he then gently placed the homeless man onto the ground. Chrono had one of utter shock, while (Y/n) is just looking at them in amusement, enjoying the strange show she is witnessing. "That's impossible!" Chrono said while getting onto his knees from the shock.

"As amusing as that was, are you sure you wanted to do that?" (Y/n) asked Kusuo, which confused him. "What are you talking about? Of course, I did, he will give up after this" Kusuo said confidently. "Thank you... Now I can see, if your talent was hair, it would be a flowing mane, while mine is just an eyelash" Chrono said, which made (Y/n) confused about the reference.

"Though the hair metaphor is strange, at least he is finally...-" Kusuo never ended his sentence, as he sees Chrono bowing down to him. "Make me your apprentice!" Chrono demanded making Kusuo regret ever meeting Chrono in the first place. "Alright, now that's our queue to leave," Kusuo said, grabbing (Y/n)'s hand and teleporting away.