Kusuo Gets Pickpocketed!!

(Y/n) looked around in awe, eyeing up every stall they passed by, while Kusuo looked unbothered. "Looks like it's some kind of Summer Fesitval" Kusuo informed the demon. "I see... How strange, so many new foods and flashing colors" (Y/n) noted, having never witnessed a festival so different. If she was human, she'd probably go into cultural shock and die of a heart attack.

"Here, have one" Kusuo offered, as he handed her a Dango, which she took. "Thank you! How kind of you!" (Y/n) said gratefully, as she bit into the Dango. When she bit into it, her face looked mortified, realizing it was sweet, not sour, but continued to eat it without a word. "You don't have to force yourself to eat it," Kusuo said with a sweatdrop, having forgotten she doesn't like sweet things as he does.

"No, no, it's a gift from you to me, so I shall eat it without complaint!" (Y/n) exclaimed, with a wobbly smile. Their cute "couple" scene was quickly interrupted, unfortunately. "For the last time, there's no octopus in this Takoyaki! I'm returning them for a refund!" Nendo exclaimed, oblivious to the psychic and demon sneaking by him.

"Alright, let's head else where, away from him" Kusuo suggested, but it was more like a demand. "22 calibers, not a bad weapon for hunting small game" Kaido spouted nonsense, also oblivious to Kusuo and (Y/n) walking by him. In the end, Kaido missed completely, despite talking like he knew how to use the gun.

They were then stopped by... An unholy sight, which Kusuo made sure to cover (Y/n)'s eyes for. A group of men carried Haido on a platform, only wearing a loincloth and an open robe. "I never want to see that again" Kusuo complained, having the "blessing" of watching the whole thing. "Can you remove your hand now?" (Y/n) asked kindly, which he obliged, allowing her to see again.

"Alright, now, here's something I know you like, a candy apple," Kusuo said confidently as he ordered two of them. "That'll be 600 yen," the guy said as he handed the apple out. Kusuo then checked his pocket, only to find nothing. He then started checking his other pockets, only to come up empty. "Here you go sir" (Y/n) said as she handed the man 600 yen, buying the apples for them.

"Thanks, you're a life savior, but on another note, my wallet is gone," Kusuo said as he took the apple from her. From afar, they can hear Takahashi having a mental breakdown, due to not finding his wallet. Kusuo then had a look of realization, slowly connecting that he just got pickpocketed. "Kusuo?" (Y/n) questioned as she waved a hand in front of his face, trying to snap him back to reality.

In the distance, a firework went off, which people noticed, commenting how weird it was. This is all thanks to pissed off Kusuo, who looked quite ready to kill someone. "(Y/n), we have a code red, for this, I'm allowing you to go full demon on this sucker, once we find him" Kusuo said with a dark shadow covering his face, making him ten times scarier.

Getting away from crowds, Kusuo found an old bike, that was worth the same amount as his wallet, and transported the two. With a loud crash, someone had fallen. Like any person, he ran into the outskirts of the festival, while holding a bunch of wallets, unaware of the shadow that followed him.

"What the-- What are you?! NO! GET AWAY FROM ME!! SOMEONE HELP ME!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!" The guy screamed as the sound of ripping flesh could be heard from behind the tree. When the sounds stopped, (Y/n) stepped out from behind the tree, holding the wallets in her arms. "Here you are!" (Y/n) exclaimed quite happily, as she handed the wallets to Kusuo to deal with.

"Right..." Kusuo said nervously, slightly traumatized by what he watched, due to his x-ray vision. With that, they went back into the festival, so that Kusuo could give people back their wallets. For the last wallets, it was Kaido, Nendo, and Hairo's wallets, which he tossed right at their heads, seemingly annoyed.

That was, until Nendo spotted him from behind, having noticed his wallet in Kusuo's hand. "Woah! Saiki and (Y/n) are at the festival?!" Kaido asked in disbelief, mostly because Kusuo hardly goes out. "Saiki, (Y/n), Nendo! What's up, guys?" Hairo asked, completely ignoring Kaido, who stood next to him.

"What a pain, they found us..." Kusuo complained, having wanted a peaceful festival without them. "Hey... Wasn't Takahashi freaking out about his wallet earlier?" (Y/n) commented, confusing Hairo and Kaido. "Maybe he lost it?" Hairo suggested as if he didn't lose his wallet a moment ago. "Now that you mention it... I never saw it in the pile" Kusuo noted, knowing only she can hear what he said.