New Year's Prayer Part 2

"So Nendo, have you prayed yet?" Hairo asked, "Oh? You mean, like, ringing that big bell?" Neno asked, obviously not knowing how to pray. "Eh, sure, I'll do it," Nendo said casually as he walked to the shrine, only to shake the bell, and stare at it dumbly.

(Y/n) chuckled at the lame pray, "what was that about?" Kusuo asked no one in particular, confused about what Nendo has just done. "I'm not quite sure" (Y/n) said honestly, "Nendo, you're funny! You only rang the bell once, I'll show you how to do the whole ritual" Kuniharu offered.

As Kuniharu prays a second time, he prayed for Kusuo to find a girlfriend. "Wait, what did you just pray for?!" Kusuo asked, quite mad that his Dad would ask that. (Y/n) made sure to clutch onto Kusuo's arm, as she sensed someone's presence. "Is that who I think it is? Oh! It is you! Hello Saiki" Teruhashi greeted, ignoring (Y/n) again.

Kuniharu walked in to see (Y/n) clutching onto Kusuo's arm tightly while talking to a pretty girl. "What the?!" Kuniharu asked in shock, 'is Kusuo actually getting attached to (Y/n)? Who cares! My wish has been granted! Hey, who's that hottie?' Kuniharu questioned, getting a little sidetracked. "Thanks (Y/n), now I can avoid Teruhashi being mistaken as my girlfriend, come on before they notice us leaving," Kusuo said as he tries to drag (Y/n) along.

"Kusuo, (Y/n), are you going home now? I know, why don't you all come back to our place to celebrate? We got a big spread" Kuniharu suggested to the group of kids. "I do believe you spoke too soon, they all just agreed to join us" (Y/n) pointed out, unaware of Kusuo's pale complexion. "Hey God, grant my wish already!" Kusuo begged, wanting the day to be over, while (Y/n) is blissfully unaware that Teruhashi believes she is God.

Eventually, they make it home, unfortunately, they dragged some company along. "Kusuo, how come you aren't joining in? It's considered rude to be left out" (Y/n) said while sitting down at the end of the Japanese-style table. Everyone, but Kusuo, is sitting down around the table, eating the food Kurumi made.

"They overran my only sanctuary, plus there's no room" Kusuo complained, "no room? I guess you can take my spot, and I can stand" (Y/n) offered. "I rather not, now get up and let's leave," Kusuo said, waiting by the stairs for (Y/n) to join him. (Y/n) quickly finished her food, took her plates, and got up too, following Kusuo out.

"Thank you for being Ku and (N/n)'s friends," Kurumi said happily. "You don't have to thank us for being their friends! We're here because we want to be!" Hairo said honestly. "That's right, you're sincere, I'm just so grateful for you, my Ku's always had a really hard time making friends. He always considered (Y/n) his friend, with them being psychic and all" Kurumi announced.

The room went dead silent, much to Kusuo's enjoyment, but it was foreshadowed by what his Mom said. "Miss Kurumi, I do believe you revealed a little too much" (Y/n) pointed out. "Huh? What?" Kurumi asked, oblivious that she revealed something important, that was supposed to be a secret.

"What do you mean that they're a psychic?" Teruhashi asked, making Kurumi realzise what she had done. "A psychic? Do you, fellas, actually believe that? Oh, the humanity! What Miss Kurumi said was physique, very confusing with psychic, if you know what I mean" (Y/n) smoothly lied.

The group gave a blank stare towards her, only for Nendo to pipe in, "are you saying, buddy, has a secret body build?" Nendo asked dumbly. "(Y/n), you are not helping my situation here" Kusuo complained, already sensing Hairo's plan to get Kusuo into shape, by going to the gym together.

"Of course not! I am saying he is shy about his body... Sorry you had to find out this way" (Y/n) continued to lie, hoping they will buy it. "Why didn't you say so sooner?! No worries! Your body is a part of who you are! You have to accept it!! I suggest-" Hairo started, only for (Y/n) to cut him off.

"Hairo, I appreciate that you worry for Kusuo, but he and I are personally helping each other, it's like... Group therapy" (Y/n) said. "So... My buddies are psychics?" Nendo asked dumbly, obviously (Y/n)'s lie didn't work, "get out" Kusuo demanded. "Did you know that a female sunfish lays up to 300 million eggs for each spawn?" Kuniharu stated suddenly. "You get out too" Kusuo demanded, then he turned to (Y/n) with a glare. "Go to my room, I'll take care of this issue on my own, you're no help" Kusuo ordered.

"What matters is that I tried, but I'm invested in what will happen next" (Y/n) said honestly. Eventually, the 4 humans had to get home, all reluctantly remembering Kurumi telling them about (Y/n) and Kusuo being a psychic. While also thinking Kuniharu and Kurumi are weirdos, unaware that (Y/n) is not a psychic, which Kurumi luckily didn't reveal. "Looks like you have to undo the damage, what will the great Kusuo do?" (Y/n) asked dramatically.

"Will you be quiet? I need to sneak up on them and hit them with this" Kusuo said while holding up a... Banana? (Y/n) looked at the banana with a funny look. "I know, it looks weird, but I don't have time to change the appearance, now to just hit them with it," Kusuo said, as he hits Nendo with the banana.

"So, what does this... Banana... Do?" (Y/n) asked still a bit unsure what Kusuo is holding. "I erased part of his memory, in this scenario, I removed the keyword "psychic" and it will be replaced with their own imagination" Kusuo explained briefly. "Oh, very interesting" (Y/n) said while staring at the banana with a thoughtful look.

The next morning, Kusuo and (Y/n) are once again walking hand in hand to school. "Hey, Saiki, (Y/n), back to spending our days at this boring school again, huh?" Kaido asked, only to be ignored. "Kusuo..." (Y/n) started only to be silenced, she was ordered to witness what their friends will do if they ignore them, and visually see their behavior change because of the "banana".

In Kaido's mind, (Y/n) and Kusuo is close because they both fantasize about being a hero. "(Y/n)! Saiki!" Kaido called out, gaining their attention. "This is our friendship sign, cool? Never forget it" Kaido said while holding up a weird hand sign, which most likely means something or nothing at all.

(Y/n) gave him a reassuring smile, to show that she won't forget it, to make Kaido feel better, or acknowledged. "Don't encourage him" Kusuo scolded, pulling (Y/n) to keep moving towards the entrance of the school. "It's considered rude to ignore a friend" (Y/n) said passionately, still sticking to her gentlemen-like ways, despite being a female.

In Teruhashi's mind, both (Y/n) and Kusuo have trust issues and only trust each other. 'How sad... They have trust issues, don't worry Saiki, I'll make sure you can trust me!' Teruhashi thought, completely ignoring that (Y/n) even exists. At least it's better than her trying to ruin (Y/n)'s life out of jealousy.

"Oh great, looks like I've gained the attention of Teruhashi, I don't know if I should be relieved that she forgot about you, or not" Kusuo complained, while unknowingly clutching (Y/n)'s hand tighter. "Hey Saiki, (L/n)! So... About New Year..." Hairo tried to get their attention, but notice they ignored him, leaving him to trail off on his sentence.

In Hairo's mind, both (Y/n) and Kusuo used to be captains of a sports team and were obsessed with winning, but their teammates quit. "Hairo has a long replacement for us... I don't even know how that fit there" Kusuo said, as he loosened up his tight hold on (Y/n)'s hand.

Nendo then came out of nowhere and started rubbing his butt on Kusuo's body. He tried to do the same to (Y/n), but she skillfully avoided it, without needing to teleport away. "I've decided, there is a God, he just hates me, and you pissed him off even more," Kusuo said with a glare towards (Y/n).