Kuniharu's Work

"AHHH! LOOK AT THE TIME!" Kuniharu screamed out as he ran around the house, panicked. Meanwhile, Kusuo was trying his best to ignore his father, while (Y/n) watched in amusement. "I just woke up and I'm already late for work! How did this happen?!" Kuniharu exclaimed as he ran back and forth.

"Aren't we supposed to be on break for dealing with this?" Kusuo complained, having zero peace in his own home. "My question is, why he's running around the house when he should be leaving" (Y/n) commented. "Ah! Help me out, one of you two! Doctor Ku, make that blue box that teleports me to my--" Kuniharu begged, only to be telepathically denied.

Then, Kuniharu turned his attention to (Y/n), but before he could even ask, he got silenced by the death glare Kusuo sent him. "Why are you so mean to me?! WAHHH!!!" Kuniharu cried out, only to go ignored. "Do what (Y/n) said, walk there and stop wasting time here" Kusuo said with an annoyed look.

He then stood up, ready to either leave the house or head to his room to get away from his annoying father. But, he was stopped by said father, as a hand was placed on his shoulder. "Take me and I'll bring you back coffee jelly when I come home" Kuniharu reasoned, only to get a look from Kusuo. "What? Do you want more than that? Well, two jellies then" Kuniharu said desperately.

"No, one is fine, I'm waiting for (Y/n) to join us," Kusuo said casually, indicating his lack of care for his father being late. "Huh? Since when did you--" Kuniharu's words were silenced as he realized he was now at his work. "What a lovely view, I think I can see the house from here" (Y/n) said as she leaned over the railing and a hand above her eyes.

"Of course, you can, we're only a few blocks away from home" Kusuo commented while deadpanning at the demon. "Thank you Kusuo! Now my boss will just slap me four times instead of 5 times" Kuniharu said with a happy smile. This caused (Y/n) to turn around with a confused grin, she believed that slapping an employee is considered assault.

"Hey! Since you two are here, why don't you check out the office?" Kuniharu suggested while pointing at the door behind him. "Now that I think about it, I don't believe you told me what you work as" (Y/n) commented while pointing at the older male. "Actually, I don't know either, you switch jobs so often it's hard to keep straight" Kusuo added in.

"Oh, I work for a publishing company, called Shuensha" Kuniharu explained, earning a shocked look from Kusuo. "Shueisha? They're huge! One of the leading publishers in Japan and a magnet for the best and brightest--" Before Kusuo could continue, a hand-blocked his vision. "No, that's not right, I think he said Shoe. Insha" (Y/n) said while emphasizing the word "shoe".

"Oh... Right... I forgot Dad isn't bright" Kusuo said with a look that said, "go figure". "HEY! What is that supposed to mean?! Also, the place does not start with a shoe!" Kuniharu argued, which neither of them cared to listen to. "See, look!" Kuniharu exclaimed as he held out a piece of paper, that said the name "Shuensha".

"I might not be right, but doesn't Shuen mean death?" (Y/n) asked while looking down at the paper. "Alright, let's go inside" Kuniharu accused as he quickly placed the paper under his arm and guided them towards the entrance. "You both might be excited to learn that, as my job, I edit manga" Kuniharu conversed as he lead the way.

"Here, the editorial department for the Weekly Shonen, Cognac" Kuniharu introduced, having yet gone inside. "Come again?" "Never heard of it" (Y/n) and Kusuo said in unison. "Of course you have! It's a popular Shonen!" Kuniharu defended, but they only gave him a blank stare. "Fine! Just get in" Kuniharu exclaimed as he finally opened the door, realizing he can't trick them.

"It's about time Saiki! Did you get here late because you like getting slapped by me?!" Kuniharu's boss exclaimed, while Kuniharu hid behind Kusuo and (Y/n). "Huh? Who's that?" His boss asked, realizing there are others with them, which Kusuo wasn't happy with. "Oh! This is my boy Kusuo and his girl-- I mean, companion, (Y/n)!" Kuniharu quickly corrected, as Kusuo gave him a burning glare.

"They're both huge fans of the magazine, Cognac, the whole run! For weeks, (Y/n)'s been begging me to bring her by, and Kusuo just had to come along! They really wanted to meet the great Chief Editor" Kuniharu lied, which made his boss look extremely happy. "Well, I've never disappointed a fan, I'm Onimatsu, the great Cheif Editor" Onimatsu greeted them.

"So, you're both addicted to Cognac, huh?" Onimatsu asked, despite not knowing that Kuniharu lied. "Yes indeedy! Anyhow, my name is (Y/n)! Pleasure to meet you" (Y/n) said with a dramatic bow. "Oh, well aren't you a lively one?" Onimatsu said with a smile, enjoying his ego being inflated. Meanwhile, Kusuo is staring into space in annoyance, peeved he was used as a cover.

"Alright, thanks to you two I've got off with no slaps at all" Kuniharu praised with a thumbs up. "I'm going to need that second coffee jelly you promised me" Kusuo commented, indicating that he isn't happy. "Eheh..." Kuniharu nervously chuckled, as he then guided them further into the workspace.

"This is where the magic gets edited," Kuniharu said while gesturing to the room full of editors. "This place looks pretty sad" Kusuo commented bluntly. "Don't be like that, maybe it's--" (Y/n) tried to reassure him, only to be interrupted. "How much longer do I have to wait?! A deadline isn't just a suggestion!!" A guy yelled into a phone, oblivious to the angered demon, who is glaring right at him.

"What? More time? No" another spoke into the phone, most likely talking to an artist about more time. There were more like this, who were greatly unhappy with their phone calls. "Um... (Y/n), your shadow is moving on its own" Kuniharu whispered out as he hid behind Kusuo again. (Y/n) snapped out of her anger, remembering she can't kill the human... Yet.

"Ah... Moving on! Check out our recent issue, you at least recognize the logo, right?" Kuniharu asked while holding up a manga. "I'd never read that" (Y/n) said bluntly with a wide smile. "Fine, here," Kuniharu said while handing the manga to Kusuo, who didn't even look at it before threatening to give it to (Y/n).

"Wait! Don't hand it to her! She'll burn it! It's our top character! The Ever Obtamistic Santaro!" Kuniharu exclaimed while snatching the manga away from Kusuo. "Mr. Saiki, you got a visitor!" Someone called out, interrupting Kuniharu's useless attempts in making his child read the manga. "Almost forgot, I'm scheduled to hear a new pitch this morning, don't cause any trouble you two" Kuniharu exclaimed as he walked off.

"How do I react to my dad being a manga editor? Whatever, I'll just see how he's doing" Kusuo said, which qued (Y/n) to do her own thing. What would that be? Well, it's falling asleep while standing up, despite looking like she's wide awake and listening. What? She's a civilized sociopath, not a monster. Plus, she's bored and doesn't want to leave Kusuo behind, since he's the source of her entertainment.

"(Y/n), wake up, we're heading home" Kusuo announced, which instantly snapped (Y/n) awake, who is already being dragged off. "Oh, done already? That was quick" (Y/n) commented as she ended up walking next to him, hand in hand. "Going home? I know this job isn't as fancy as it sounds. Let me tell you when it's crunch time, there's no superhero coming to save us" Kuniharu joked to the two.

"But, every time I see those finished manga pages printed with a story. The writer pours his heart into it, making all the stress, and boss slapping, worth it. To be honest--" Kuniharu's lecture trails on as Kusuo decided to leave him with a proud smirk. With a raised hand, with the manga in his hand, they left towards the roof.

"KUSUO! (Y/N)!!! HELP ME!" Kuniharu yelled in distress, not having been a few seconds after they left the building. "Nope, you already said no heroes. Also, don't pawn off of (Y/n)'s powers" Kusuo dismissed, not looking interested in helping his father. Let's all assume, he was bribed by more coffee jellies to help his father out.