Okinawa Part 2

They had finally landed, thankfully without any other difficulties, much to Kusuo's relief. Traveling in 6 tour buses, Kusuo and (Y/n) sat together. (Y/n) stared out the window, like how the rest of the kids, basking in the warmth of pretending to be alive. Having lived in New Orleans, the ocean became a daily sight to behold.

"What's got you so interested?" Kusuo asked while also staring out of the window. It's unusual for (Y/n) to be this captivated by something unless it's evil. "Just some old memories, nothing important" (Y/n) reassured while glancing back at him. By now, he's gotten used to her constant smiling, and based on her answer, she'd be having a straight poker face.

"Woah! Cool! Look! It's green! Someone has been dumping green paint out there, huh? Am I right buddies?" Nendo asked, interrupting their brief conversation. "Seriously?" Kusuo questioned, though not all bewildered by his dumb question. "Sure" (Y/n) answered briefly, not up to explaining the biology of the ocean.

"Alright, Okinawa! Pick up the heat!!" Hairo exclaimed as he stood up, despite already sweating. "Great... Since we're on vacation everyone is obnoxiously loud" Kusuo complained, earning a chuckle from (Y/n). "Hey, runt, you've had your nose stuck in that dang book this whole time" Nendo pointed out as he patted Kaido's head.

Kaido is currently sitting next to Nendo, giving him easy access to bother the poor Chuunibyou. "You sure are Kashimashi today. Oh wow! Hey, you weren't kidding, the sea is quite Chura" Kaido said, confusing (Y/n) and Nendo. "Chura?" The female questioned with dotted eyes. "Let's get some air, oh man it's Ippei Achisan outside," Kaido said as he opened up the window.

"Oh! I know! You're using Okinawa dialect, right?" Yumehara asked, completely forgetting about her appearance. "Chimu Don Don!" Kaido exclaimed with a look of embarrassment. "EEE!!! I forgot my shirt was open!!" Yumehara screeched, running away to cower in embarrassment. "I'm speaking Uchināguchi, Okinawan dialect" Kaido explained to his two clueless friends.

"Oh" (Y/n) mumbled, needing to ask Nifty later, as she's better at Japanese than she is. "Oh, that's right, they use funny words, like Salsa and Mental" Nendo clarified. "No, that's not even close" Kusuo corrected, feeling offended for the native speakers. "I think you meant to say--" Kaido goes to explain, instantly losing (Y/n)'s interest in the conversation.

Instead, she looked at the ocean again, reminiscing about the time she used to dispose of bodies there. "Hey, we're here" Kusuo called for her, interrupting her thoughts. "Oh, silly me, looks like I've spaced out! After you, my good fellow" (Y/n) said as she stood up and gestured forward. Slowly, all the students shuffled out of the tour buses, allowing them to scatter to different restaurants for lunch.

"Ah, so this is Okinawan Soba, it doesn't look like soba to me," Nendo said as he eyed his food. "Don't waste food, it's rude" (Y/n) scolded as she shoved the "soba" into her mouth. "It's called soba, but they don't use buckwheat flour" Yumehara explained, though her words did not collect in his brain. "Well, my buddy likes it, so it must be good," Nendo said with a shrug and dug into the food.

"Oh wow, this is Ma San! This soba is Ippei Ma San!" Kaido exclaimed in Okinawan, which deeply bothered Yumehara and Teruhashi. "Eat up guys, it's Ma San," Kaido said, oblivious to the atmosphere, all thanks to Teruhashi complementing him earlier. "Woah Mera, you're such a Gachi Maya" Kaido noted, as he watched Mera devour her third bowl of soba.

(Y/n) sweat dropped as she placed her empty bowl down, unsure if she should tell him to stop. "This soba is so darn Ma San that Nada Soso, oh and by the way--" before Kaido could continue, (Y/n) decided enough was enough. "I appreciate the enthusiasm, but tone it down, we're trying to eat," she said politely. "Eek! R-right... Sorry..." Kaido mumbled as he silently went back to eating, finally taking the hint to shut up.

"You're my savior" Kusuo praised, despite how bland it sounded. The other two girls sighed in relief, now able to eat in peace. Eventually, everyone got through their fair share of food, some eating more than others. "Looks like we're early, we'll there's no time like the present! Let's explore" (Y/n) suggested as she lead the way outside the restaurant.

"Hey (Y/n), we're going to check out the souvenir shops, want to join?" Yumehara asked as they walked through town. "Alright, Kusuo, I'll catch up with you" (Y/n) informed as she detoured around the boys. "Don't get lost" Kusuo advised, as if he were her parent, with a wave of her hand she and the girls parted away from the boys.

With a loud gasp, Kaido spotted a specific shop, Kusuo is already deeply regretting his life's choices. "Wait... Actually, take me with you" Kusuo complained, as he attempted to leave. "Let's go in buddy! Doesn't it look amazing?!" Nendo exclaimed as he wrapped an arm around Kusuo's shoulder. Kusuo watched in despair as he is dragged to the shady shop, watching as (Y/n) left him to suffer.